Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -

I was wondering if anyone has a good picture of the dashboard hole where the radio is supposed to be (with the two holes on the sides for mounting). My dashboard was cut for an aftermarket radio and I'm bringing it back to stock....any help would be great!

Cheers
Nick

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Here is a befor, during, and after on my car. Don't have any close-up. Hope this helps.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, thanks for the quick pix. it might be a long shot, but has anyone actually have measurements for this area? I should've asked about this in the first place....:)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Radio Cutout

Somebody did a real hack job on my dash, too. I got a tracing of a correct one and then rebuilt mine. I cut sheet metal the same thickness as the dash to the exact shape of the hack job hole. I positioned it in the hole and, using the radio tuner hiles as a refence, transferred the shape of the correct radio cutout to the sheet metal. I took it to a friend that has a machime shop and he milled out the hole with a Bridgeport. Then I used panel epoxy to attach that cutout to a larger piece of sheet metal and epoxied it in from the back of the dash. I filled in the gaps with body filler and sanded and primed and painted it.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need a tracing.

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
OOps! I meant to say I had the hole cutout AFTER I epoxied the two pieces together! Got ahead of myself on that one...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the awesome pics guys! these will make the body shop guys quite happy I would imagine. I will post some aftermath photos as soon as possible.

nick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts