Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need (I guess) to upgrade my :eek: casette/radio in 3 vehicles. I'm fine playing about 3-4 cassettes that I routeinly play but, you know (if you don't, you will), the wife :rolleyes: has different interests:confused:. I don't want either Pioneer or Sony brands. Nothing exotic but no junk either.

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
i am useing a jvc (kd-6320) for 4 years now . works great, easy to use and set up..only 1 large dile to use, easy push buttons..they still sell a similar system at most audio stores....+ i hooked mine up to a 12 disk changer(jvc)..and.. well sytem is a follows// radio/cd head unit.. 2 amps. 4 crossovers, 4 speaker( 2 tweeter, 2 bass/mide range) and the 12 disk changer..:):)

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Pioneer is about the best out there but if not Pioneer try Alpine. Best Buy has some nicer Alpine C/D players for about $150 and up.

I like Pioneer it last long and great sound if you are not going to use a amp and better with a amp. I dislike Sony car audio poor sound quality and just out right cheaply made.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pioneer is about the best out there ....
I bought Pioneer for 2 daily drivers and on one, the station selection crapped out and on the other the cassette ff button keeps falling off - it finally fell off and I couldn't find it.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I bought Pioneer for 2 daily drivers and on one, the station selection crapped out and on the other the cassette ff button keeps falling off - it finally fell off and I couldn't find it.

Buy a full logic Pioneer and you will not have that problem. The ff button? Wow is that a old radio or what?

I did car audio for a while and that is just from what I have seen. You must have the old shaft style radios? The ones with 2 knobs?

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Buy a full logic Pioneer and you will not have that problem. The ff button? Wow is that a old radio or what?
:confused:Bought 'er in '92. Finally figured I'd better upgrade from my 8 track:cool:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
The brand new Blaupunkt i've got in my 98 GTV has excellent sound quality and adjustability, but its not as user friendly as either of my Sony units of my Pioneer in the touring.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think that whenever I find where I put that Crutchfield catalog, I'll probably get the JVC that Todd recommended with the built in HD radio:cool:. Now, let me go and look up the defination of whatever is an I pod:confused:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
And when you discover what an ipod is, let me recommend that you DONT use one in your car while driving. They are the single most dangerous item I can think of using while driving!

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I've used Pioneer for many, many years and I think they make some of the best units for the money. Having said that I bought three Blaupunkt Syracuse units for my 164's and GTV6 recently. They are lower end units but since I needed three I didn't care. The first one is in and it works great for what it is. I'd like more programability but the mp3 connection will take care of that. Here's how one looks in a 164 installed. FYI you'll need an adaptor plate since the original opening is 1 1/2 din and most decks are single din. Just buy or tell your installer to sell you one from a similar year Crysler mini van.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts