Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just got my 1974 US delivered GTV 2000. Three questions...

1) What rain was delivered with these cars?

2) My antenna is mounted on the rear drivers side fender. Was this normal?

3) The antenna is broken - what's was the make/model of the antenna?

Thanks !

·
chiuso per ferie
11,758 Posts
Hi,

Just got my 1974 US delivered GTV 2000. Three questions...
Congratulations. How about some pictures?

1) What rain was delivered with these cars?
It depends on the weather. :p

2) My antenna is mounted on the rear drivers side fender. Was this normal?
There is no such thing as normal with this vintage of Alfa. Radios were installed by the dealership. So, antennae location was dealer's choice.

3) The antenna is broken - what's was the make/model of the antenna?
No telling. Just find something that looks period correct and you'll be ok.

Thanks !
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations. How about some pictures?

It depends on the weather. :p

There is no such thing as normal with this vintage of Alfa. Radios were installed by the dealership. So, antennae location was dealer's choice.

No telling. Just find something that looks period correct and you'll be ok.

Thanks !
[/QUOTE]

Was there a standard radio that was used in these years ?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Was there a standard radio that was used in these years ?
[/QUOTE]
I think almost all pre-Fiat Alfa's came standard with Blaupunkt head units, but that's just from what I've seen, I think a lot of people have swapped over to a better shaft mount or new single dins as time has progressed.

·
chiuso per ferie
11,758 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think almost all pre-Fiat Alfa's came standard with Blaupunkt head units, but that's just from what I've seen, I think a lot of people have swapped over to a better shaft mount or new single dins as time has progressed.
My 1975 Alfetta came with a Clarion.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I noticed a few of those browsing through more of this forum, haven't seen much of anything else except for Blaupunkt and Clarion, the only other ones I think are just newer shaft mounts. It probably just depended on what dealer was closest and what they could afford at the time, but there must've been some sort of baseline for what they could or couldn't use in the cars. For example, my '76 Alfetta has the untouched original Blaupunkt in it with some Ohio dealer sticker on it, even though it's a PA car.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good morning, on my 1987 Alfa Romeo Spider, I am assuming that the FUSE box, or panel is behind the panel under the steering wheel. Can any confirm that to be correct on factory placement of the fuse block.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Good morning, on my 1987 Alfa Romeo Spider, I am assuming that the FUSE box, or panel is behind the panel under the steering wheel. Can any confirm that to be correct on factory placement of the fuse block.
I think it's under the dash on towards the left hand side, not sure if it's under any panels or folds down like the other models, as I don't own a Spider, but that sounds correct.

·
Push hard and live
9,317 Posts
I worked at an Alfa dealer in the early-mid 70s. No cars arrived with radios during this time, and all installations were dealer add-ons. It was about this time that Honda started delivering their cars with radios included, but they were such an odd shape and size none of the aftermarket manufacturers had anything that would fit as an upgrade.

So, for a while, a law was passed requiring the car manufacturers to provide space for only standard shaped radios. Car dealers had/have a powerful lobby. Eventually, that went away.

Blaupunkt was rarely the first choice at our dealership, purely because of their high price. Lots of different brands ended up in Alfas, including 8-track units.

The often-seen automatic antennae is a special short unit that will fit in the rear fender. They’re still available, and are often used in other Italian cars. I don’t recall the brand, but you can find them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts