Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Radiators

817 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Elio Comello 
#1 ·
What problem will I encounter in getting rid of my engine driven fan on my '82 Spider and replacing it with a S4 electric fan? Will the radiator need to be changed also? I realize that a temp switch will have to be added to control the fan. My goal is to get rid of the fan noise. And without the drag of the fan I might be able to go 135mph!!!

#2 ·
The S4 has 2 fans and they mount on the motor side of the rad.
IAP has a kit for an electric fan conversion.

If you use the existing RAD, it will require a thin electric fan to fit on the inside.
I looked at grafting 90 Quad's rad and fans, threy would not direct fit onto an S3.

To reduce noise you might try the nylon Euro blade?

One source for a nice thin high output electric fan is Vehicle Wiring Products in Derbyshire UK. The fan will have to be mounted inside the shroud and operated in a "Pull" mode. Threads on this subject have indicated instances of not enough cooling. I'd recommend that the rad be recored so you will get adequate cooling if you go electric.

After investigating this "Upgrade" I decided that I'd suffer a lower top speed and remain stock.

TTFN Elio

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.