Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

A good acquaitntance of mine, offers for sale an 8c Radiator Cover (trim piece... (approx 1930). It's a genuine part and only intended for the lucky ones who have an 8C... restore an 8C buy one from PureSang Agentina or the serious alfa collector, who wants the ultimate piece of kit for his devotionals collection.

I have no interest of whatever nature in the sale nore am I the owner of the item. I'm only helping out here. I'm happy to link between the seller and the potential buyer, as he only speaks french and Italian, and will be able to bridge any language issue, in case of need.

What I can say for sure:

Yes it is a Genuine/Authentic period correct piece of Alfa-History
Yes it is in perfect condition with a bit of use & great real use-patina
Yes it is handcrafted and not a stamped-out reproduction
Yes it is expensive (do not ask how much… I have no clue, the interested potential buyer will have to discus the price w/the seller… i.e. not me)

No, we do not have any ADN proof that Tazio Nuvolari, has rubbed his sweat on the radiator cover:rolleyes:
No, we do not have any Chassis-N° stamped in the cover (this never was the case back in these days)
No, we do not have any Picture of the radiator cover handed out to the present owner by Luigi Spaghettoni's widow…. after Spaghettoni crashed his 8C at Monza at 14:42 on the 8th of April 1931 at Km 23.732 and a speed of 122,76 km/h etc...;)

Short…. In case this is THE missing piece of your 8C or that you're missing THE ultimate Deco piece for your Alfa cave, please feel free to send me a PM and I'll provide you with the contact details of the seller.

Kind regards Thomas

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry wrong Category…. my fault…. does a senior Forum Admin please be so kind to repost my posting in the correct classified forum …. parts this is…. SORRRRRRY

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Wonder if I could at least get a tracing outline and better pictures so I could make one for a body I know of that is available, but now has the nose piece from a Cord auto that is not an actual radiator piece. Please email me at [email protected]. I shudder to think what the cost of purchase for this piece might be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts