Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Olaf,I understand that Radford converted 6 x Giulia's.
1.GTA,Blue,x Lord Rothschild .KBY 970D
2.GTA,Burgundy,GYU 165C (converted back to standard GTA ?? )
3.GT,Red,KPJ 341C (mine since 1983 and is for sale)
The others are unaccounted for if they still exist at all ?
But we do gather most were converted GTA's.
regards
Jonathan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Radford Giulia Sprint GT For Sale

The only Radford Sprint GT left in the world?
Dry stored in a heated London garage since 1983,when taken off the road.Possibly one of the most solid early GT's available with very little rust,stripped for a complete restoration,but rolling.Nardi steering wheel,Radford Cleopatra rear seat and interior in good original condition.New boxed headlamps.Electric windows.Engine out with two gearboxes.Veloce Webers.Glass perfect.99.9% complete.Rare Radford brochure and history included.Should be kept as a Radford for historical purposes,but could be made into a historic race car or have chassis strengthened to become the only Radford GTC in the world.Please email for pictures.£7,000

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
It appears the car is now on eBay (item 120727585943).

Edit: The auction ended at GBP 5,300 and met the reserve. I hope the car found an appreciative owner (there was one inquiry about converting it to a GTA replica -- which, in opinion, would be a shame). That being said, this project is not for the faint of heart as the pictures from the auction prove.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
Some more pictures from the auction:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
The car in the Radford GT brochure has a light colored interior. We seem to see regular GT door handles on page 4.

The Radford GT from the auction, in storage since 1983 according to the PO, has black seats.

From this I would assume it is not the same car, hence at least two would have been built.

·
Registered
9,455 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Ruedi,The new owner assures me that he will keep her as a Radford.
Hi Yves,I am looking at the brochure (probably for the last time) Isnt the car featured a GTA? It has vents below the grille! But the car does say GT on the boot, have light coloured seats and there is no mention of GTA.I am no Alfa expert but i am now looking at
pictures of KBY 970D (Lord Rothschilds Radford GTA) and it has different larger grilles x2?

Jonathan
'70 De Tomaso Mangusta
'51 Jowett Jupiter

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
The car featured in the brochure was a standard GT, a tell-tale sign being the standard door handles. The different vents on KBY 970D are also standard GTA because this version had a narrower, deeper radiator which required additional cooling to make it work effectively. Perhaps it may have been thought by someone at Radford that the wider Cibie headlights would similarly compromise the cooling, and so the smaller vents seen in the brochure were added, or perhaps it was just an aesthetic touch. I always felt that your car would have benefitted from that extra treatment, and the chance to paint it something more interesting than 'resale red'. I had in mind a certain shade of dark olive green with a faint metallic sheen, but now the matter is out of my hands.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Hi Olaf,I understand that Radford converted 6 x Giulia's.
1.GTA,Blue,x Lord Rothschild .KBY 970D
2.GTA,Burgundy,GYU 165C (converted back to standard GTA ?? )
3.GT,Red,KPJ 341C (mine since 1983 and is for sale)
The others are unaccounted for if they still exist at all ?
But we do gather most were converted GTA's.
regards
Jonathan
KBY 970D is said to be RHD GTA 752520 once owned by Richard Norris and is featured in "Octane" magazine May 2013. Octane mentions that 752520 was ex Radford, ex Ron O'Conner, ex-Norris.

Richard Banks is said, else where in this thread, to have owned a Radford GTA. If so was that the other one, GYU 165C? What is it's serial number. Or are the Richards being confused?

Regards

Ken

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I had posted a scan of the article but now have deleted it. There may have been copyright issues that I was reminded of.

Ken

·
Registered
16 Posts
KBY 970D is said to be RHD GTA 752520 once owned by Richard Norris and is featured in "Octane" magazine May 2013. Octane mentions that 752520 was ex Radford, ex Ron O'Conner, ex-Norris.

Richard Banks is said, else where in this thread, to have owned a Radford GTA. If so was that the other one, GYU 165C? What is it's serial number. Or are the Richards being confused?

Regards

Ken
If it is right or not? The Rothschild Radford was mentioned as owned bij Richard banks. I found an old advertisement but there was no proper description of the car and also the license plate could not be recognized. It will still be a mystery.

Regards,
Arthur

·
Registered
16 Posts
If it is right or not? The Rothschild Radford was mentioned as owned bij Richard banks. I found an old advertisement but there was no proper description of the car and also the license plate could not be recognized. It will still be a mystery.
View attachment 1632391 View attachment 1632392

Regards,
Arthur
Forgot to mention that the GYU 165C had or has a full-lenght Webasto sunroof, a very big reverse light and terrible Radford wire wheels.

Arthur

·
Administrator
12,776 Posts
Last time I saw the GTA version, it was being stripped out and turned into a race car, and all the parts fitted to a step front shell.

Chris
Why ruin step front? Put the Radford stuff in the bin!
Pete

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Forgot to mention that the GYU 165C had or has a full-lenght Webasto sunroof, a very big reverse light and terrible Radford wire wheels.
View attachment 1632393
Arthur
Hey Arthur. Welcome to this BB and thanks for posting these articles. When I get home I will review my files. Richard Banks is known to have had a GTA with sun roof.

Ciao

Ken

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Heres a couple of other nose concepts for the Bertone GTs

41 - 57 of 57 Posts