Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Stainless Steel Carrot -- The biography of John Morton. One of the few true classics of racing literature. Although Morton drove for our nemesis, Datsun and Brock Racing Enterprises, the book provides significant details of the 1971 and 72 Trans-Am 2.5 Challenge that will be of interest to Alfisti. It was first published after 1972 but this later (2012) edition adds the rest of Morton's extensive racing career. This edition is also autographed by Sylvia Wilkinson (the author), John Morton, and Peter Brock. Excellent condition - SOLD

Hawkeye: The Rapid and Outrageous Life of the Australian Racing Driver Paul Hawkins
-- A tough Aussie who knew how to have a good time, kind of a cross between Innes Ireland and Crocodile Dundee. Among other things, he won the 1967 Targa Florio outright. Excellent condition - $9

Masten Gregory: Totally Fearless -- Known to jump out of racing cars before they crashed, he was quite a character, but did survive the very dangerous racing of the 50s and 60s. Gregory was an outstanding Grand Prix and sports car racer, best known for winning LeMans in 1965, partnered with Jochen Rindt in a Ferrari 250 LM. This is a rare book and the prices online are outrageous; Excellent condition. SOLD

Nuvolari:
The name says it all. Probably the best of all time. This biography is by Count Giovanni Lurani (one of the original organizers of the Targa Florio), who was a contemporary of Nuvolari. I show the title page because I don't have a dust jacket for it. Very good condition - SOLD

Cars at Speed
, by Robert Daley: A good account of the late-50s/early-60s Grand Prix and Sports car European racing scene, a less commercialized and more romantic era. Excellent condition - $18

Touch Wood – The autobiography of Duncan Hamilton, winner of the 1953 LeMans in a Jaguar C-type. Many consider it the most amusing racing book ever. Certainly laugh out loud funny. Paperback. Excellent condition - SOLD

Product Publication Book Font Material property

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll take the Nuvolari bio. Thx
Great. If we use Media rate (the cheapest) which goes by weight and not distance, the shipping charge would be $3.82. A grand total of $13.82.

Just use PayPal. My Email address is [email protected].

I'll need your shipping address. Media rate usually takes more than a week. So expect about 10-14 days.

Thanks,
Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts