1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
... I guess the asking price reflects what it really costs to build a decent race car :)
Seriously? I hope you're kidding. What qualifies this is a 'decent race car'? What race class/series would that thing qualify for? (answer: Western Australia Street Car Racing). It certainly won't qualify for any historic race series in the US or Europe.

So unless you really want to impress your friends in western OZ, your US$130,000 (equivalent) would be better spent elsewhere. If you want a racer, 20,000 euros will buy you, just to pick one example, a 1995 156GTA with endurance racing history (there's an ex-Derek Bell one on Anamera now). And you'd have $100K left over...

·
Registered
448 Posts
$150000 is way to steep even with the carrier. I don't know how much he would have spent on that car but I doubt it's anywhere near what he is asking. $50000 would still be way too much for that car. Would that car honestly get 500hp from a 2 litre 4 cylinder?

There is a 2nd hand testarossa for sale on carsales.com.au for $109000 with 28000km on the clock, how would you justify spending at least another $41000 on a fiat 124?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts