Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See I own a Alfetta 1976 gt racecar and have done for the last 4 years I have competed in a few meets up and down the country. The problem is, I now no longer live in NZ, I now live in the nice little city of Newcastle NSW. The car is currently in storage with the mother inlaw in Oamaru, which has been great we have flown over a couple of times for race meetings and everything has been good. I have just starting to get the feeling that its time for the car to move on.

I have thought of selling the car/trailer/discovery and have told the wife that we probably should just sell it. The thing she has said "no then you wouldn't have a race car" Its pretty hard to argue that logic and does not come easy from a wifes mouth I'm sure, but I think its the adventure she gets a kick out of, towing a silly little alfa race car all over the country meeting friend along the way and hanging out as a family. So I just need find another solution.

Paying lots of money for storage is at the bottom of the list but could be my only answer.

Finding someone willing to store the vehicles for a reasonable price, would be great.

Or finding someone to go shares in the car, this one is the one I would really like to get into.

I work on ships for a living and can only make some race meetings. But it does help to pay for the car racing.

If anyone is keen or knows some that might keen, to give me a shout. The car is nothing special to look at up close, but it does punch above its weight on the track and with some more tweaks i have lined up for it should be a really competive car.

Any thoughts are welcome, I will post some photo's when I get off the ship.

Oh and the car doesnt need to stay in the south island I'm happy to race anywhere.

·
Administrator
13,645 Posts
Put it in a can and bring it over ... NSW does have a few race tracks.
Pete

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks to alfabb it looks like I have found a new home for the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts