Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says. Quoted posts are appearing as empty blue boxes on my screen, see e.g. Tubut's most recent post in the 'New on AlfaBB' thread in the 2600 section.

Also, the forum index page is displayed 20x the width it should be.

These are the only glitches I have ever seen using the BB all these years, and two come along at once. Any idea?

·
Super Moderator
10,608 Posts
As the title says. Quoted posts are appearing as empty blue boxes on my screen, see e.g. Tubut's most recent post in the 'New on AlfaBB' thread in the 2600 section.
Works OK for me, including that post by Tubut that you referenced. Are you logged on to the BB (some things behave differently when you're logged off)? Have any of your browser settings changed?

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jay,

Nothing has changed, I'm not sure I can even remember the last time I logged out. However, the forum index page is now back to normal. Quote display is still malfunctioning but at least I can now see a few solitary letters scattered within the blue box. Ho hum, maybe it will fix itself eventually?

Alex.

·
Administrator
1,034 Posts
Jay,

Nothing has changed, I'm not sure I can even remember the last time I logged out. However, the forum index page is now back to normal. Quote display is still malfunctioning but at least I can now see a few solitary letters scattered within the blue box. Ho hum, maybe it will fix itself eventually?

Alex.
Hello,

What browser are the empty blue boxes appearing on? Does the same occur on other browsers?

~KM, community support

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not tech-savvy enough to remember how I posted a screen shot once (by accident?) but the quote in your last post shows:

J

N

A

... the rest is missing. I'm using Google Chrome, version 39.0.2171.71 m, with AVG anti-virus software and probably some others for good measure. Never had any problems before, but maybe it is a problem with showing cursive script? I noticed that the reasons for my having edited a post made yesterday were also 'invisible'.

Alex.

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
I'm also using Chrome Version 39.0.2171.71 m on Win7 -- with no problems.

Alex, I think the issue you encounter stems from browser settings that may or may not relate to plugins you use, as the screen layout and font appearances are defined by style sheets that are interpreted (and can be overriden) in the browser. Your comment below is an indicator that an override might be happening in your system.

Also, the forum index page is displayed 20x the width it should be.
I would suggest you first log out and in again to clear the cookies, then open a "New Incognito Window" from the Chrome menu (Ctrl+Shift+N is the shortcut) and see if it makes a difference. The incognito window should ignore all personal settings (except antivirus/anti-popup). If the problem persists, let us know what extensions you have loaded (type "chrome://extensions/" in the address bar) and/or disable them one at a time and reload the AlfaBB page in question to see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
Oh, one more thing: When the problem occurs, try Ctrl+Shift+"+" (Ctrl+Shift+plus-sign) and/or Ctrl+Shift+"-" (Ctrl+Shift+minus-sign) to increase/decrease font size and see if this changes behaviour.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's interesting. Changing the font size to 110% (i.e. the next size up from standard) makes the quoted passages appear ...

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
That's interesting. Changing the font size to 110% (i.e. the next size up from standard) makes the quoted passages appear ...
...which confirms that something in your system creates a weird interpretation or override of the style sheet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts