Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of biting the bullet and ordering a new cap and points for the GTA jr, any recommendations, Alfaholics, Classic Alfa, OKP? I know prices are up there, but just wondering if one source is better than the other as far as quality etc. For what they charge for these parts installation should be included! Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Super Moderator
Caps last pretty much forever unless damaged by incident or solid state conversions. I use Ferrari mag-mar 12 cyl points in my GTA distributors as they are more common, thus less costly.
They are 3 spring, where some GTA mag-mar were 4. It seems to make little difference in actual use.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Gordon, do you have a particular vendor you like to use? I suspect mid to late 60's would be the vintage I'd be looking for, like 275's? Thanks again!

Super Moderator
Motorkraft in Noblesville Indiana has a Sun distributor machine, and has used it over the years to set up both the distributors on my '65 275GTB, and the running and spare distributors for my GTA engine. Getting the GTA 1 degree apart, A & B is simpler with the Sun machine. Send your distributor, or just a set of points to Larry Hajduk, at Motorkraft Ltd. 4985 E. 161st St. Noblesville, Indiana, 46062, Call Larry at 317-846-5203, and tell him I sent you.
Larry can get about any Alfa or Ferrari engine work done beautifully at affordable rates, as his father John Hajduk did as well, for all his customers for many many years, until his recent passing. A highly recommended source for Alfa / Ferrari engine and related machine work.
This is NOT just my opinion, as Motorkraft is well known to most Ferrari engine builders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts