Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulling the motor from my 74 spider this weekend....I will be using my cherry picker and wonder if anyone could offer there advise where to connect my hook and chain? On a normal motor you thread in some sacrificial bolts in the exhaust and intake manifold and chain up there.....where do you guys hook to when pulling the alfa motor?
TJ

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
That's it allright. You can move it forward to help the angle. Check Vin's thread referenced above - gives a pretty good description of how to pull the motor.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I highly recommend this ADJUSTABLE lift bar available from Harbor Freight Tools for about $30.00. The beauty of this device is that you can change the lift angle on the engine at any time during the lift event.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I highly recommend this ADJUSTABLE lift bar
I've used both method, with or without an adjustable lift bar, and I prefer a hook directly on the lifting strap of the engine. If you use the adjustable lift bar be sure to put the handle to adjust the angle on the front side of the engine (not as I did in the picture). But for me even with the handle correctly positioned I find that a hook directly on the engine is better. The engine moves more freely. I would say if you're by yourself go with the adjustable bar but if you can have helping hands go without !

PICT1304.jpg

iphone 5s 1801.jpg

iphone 5s 1805.jpg

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Dominic,

What year model is your Alfa? Mine did not come with a built in pair of helping hands as did yours - as shown in the last photo! I wish it did.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
What year model is your Alfa? Mine did not come with a built in pair of helping hands as did yours - as shown in the last photo! I wish it did.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts