Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Just bought a 1976 Nuova Super 1600. I have factory specification manual publication number 1719 dated March 1971. Will it provide the correct specifications for a 1976 Nuova? If not is there a factory manual that does?

2) Does anybody have the wiring diagram for this model?

3) What is the warning light in the tachometer labeled "RISCALD."?

4) What is the red indicator light in the wood part of dash to the left of the tachometer

·
Premium Member
21,668 Posts
Papajam was just talking to me this weekend about late Super wiring diagrams. If anyone has one, and/or a factory owner's manual, he does. He has most of them in PDF form too.

Riscald is heat.
Brake warning light? That's where the parking brake warning light is on my 71 Biscione.

I may have a manual, I'll look.

Andrew

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
While Riscald means "heater", this light only indicates if the fan (2 speed) is on which operates independently of the heater. These are the vertical levers on the left side of the console - air and heat, and air controls air direction also - off->floor<->windshield). This like a Berlina.

The red "crystal" light to the left of the Tach indicatesd if the handbrake is actuated or "up" and if the brake fluid is low.

There can also be a dull red pushbutton under that light which, if present, operates the rear window defroster.

On the manual, the car basics will be largely the same for a 71 Super but there are several differences in instrumentation and controls, and a few under hood, as well as the wiring diagram.

I have had Supers with Nuova interiors but not a full Nuova.

·
Premium Member
21,668 Posts
I have an English language Nuova Super 1600 manual, Pub. 2216, 9/74. I could scan or photocopy the wiring diagram if you don't otherwise find it.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
There is a parts supplement to the Catalogo Rapido for Nuova. Differing specs are in the factory user manual. Of the top of my head, the jetting for the early emission carbs is different with a 50F14 idle jet. Replacing that with a 50F11 and increasing the main jet by one step made my car drive a lot better. Cam timing may be slightly different than the earlier cars but I don't recall for sure.

Electrical equipment, eg alternator and starter are often by Paris Rhone which may be difficult to get parts for in North America. I am on Bosch stuff by now that fits interchangeably.

Stock rims are 5x14 in contrast to earlier Supers. Replacing these with 2 liter 5.5x14 benefits handling.

Once these are changed it is the best driving Super built, driving most similar to a Berlina - quiet and smooth. Best cabin ventilation. Slightly slower stock than the previous model which was the fastest of the production.

I have a wiring diagram somewhere but need to look for it.

RISCALDEMENTO: which is heat; the light glows when the fan is on; dim at low speed, stronger at high speed.

Red indicator light in the wood part of dash to the left of the tachometer = Handbrake. I don't believe there is a low fluid warning; at least there is not on mine.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
I have the 2216 (05/75) user manual already scanned so I'll send it in few moments. The color wiring diagram I sent you is based on the diagram in this manual.
I'll do a bit research to see if there is a tech specs manual more suited to your 1976 than the 1971 manual you currently have.

·
Registered
277 Posts
There is a parts supplement to the Catalogo Rapido for Nuova. Differing specs are in the factory user manual. Of the top of my head, the jetting for the early emission carbs is different with a 50F14 idle jet. Replacing that with a 50F11 and increasing the main jet by one step made my car drive a lot better. Cam timing may be slightly different than the earlier cars but I don't recall for sure.

Electrical equipment, eg alternator and starter are often by Paris Rhone which may be difficult to get parts for in North America. I am on Bosch stuff by now that fits interchangeably.

Stock rims are 5x14 in contrast to earlier Supers. Replacing these with 2 liter 5.5x14 benefits handling.

Once these are changed it is the best driving Super built, driving most similar to a Berlina - quiet and smooth. Best cabin ventilation. Slightly slower stock than the previous model which was the fastest of the production.

I have a wiring diagram somewhere but need to look for it.

RISCALDEMENTO: which is heat; the light glows when the fan is on; dim at low speed, stronger at high speed.

Red indicator light in the wood part of dash to the left of the tachometer = Handbrake. I don't believe there is a low fluid warning; at least there is not on mine.
Regarding the Paris Rhone starter motor,not as reliable as the Bosch unit. I had a Paris Rhone starter motor on my first series Alfetta (1974),gave me lots of grief such as uneven brush wear,resulting in non operational starter motor, hard to find parts for the Paris Rhone starter motor ,especially here In Australia. Luckily the alternator was a Bosch unit,no problems at all( actually it's RISCALDAMENTO ) Cheers

·
Premium Member
21,668 Posts
I had one US Berlina with Paris Rhone starter, alt, regulator, never have seen another. They worked, I eventually gave them away.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Questions answered.

Thanks to Papajam for the wiring diagram

Thanks to Jim Neill for copy of owners manual.

Terrific support from everyone.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Questions answered.

Thanks to Papajam for the wiring diagram

Thanks to Jim Neill for copy of owners manual.

Terrific support from everyone.
My pleasure!
Will search for additional material for you.

Cheers,

Jim 'papajam' Neill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts