Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the black metal front edge of the shelf (the part that is hidden by the carpet) mount in front of the compartment wall or behind it? Mine is missing the securing screws and I'm not sure which side it's supposed to sit on. Looks like there is a lip/channel on the front compartment wall it sits on but I'm not sure if that is where the front shelf lip is supposed to sit. Thanks-

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's been a while since I've been in there. Can you post a photo? That might help jog a fading memory.
Absolutely. The car is in storage at a friend's garage right now, but I'll stop by in the next few days and grab a photo... I should have thought to do that earlier today when I was diagnosing the no-start issue. In the meantime I'll see if I can scarf a photo online somewhere. :)

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
The metal front edge of the parcel shelf is covered in a colored frabic (same color as the carpet color) and sits on the rear partician wall on the outside of the wall, facing the backs of the seats. There are several screws which hold the metal strip down, but I cannot remembrer just where along the strip they are located. I am undergoing chemo theraphy right now after surgery for bladder cancer. But if the weather is nice tomorrow and I get a little burst of energy I will go out and uncover my quad and see exactly where the screws are located.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The metal front edge of the parcel shelf is covered in a colored frabic (same color as the carpet color) and sits on the rear partician wall on the outside of the wall, facing the backs of the seats. There are several screws which hold the metal strip down, but I cannot remembrer just where along the strip they are located. I am undergoing chremo theraphy right now after surgery for bladder cancer. But if the weather is nice tomorrow and I get a little burst of energy I will go out and uncover my quad and see exactly where the screws are located.
Robert, thanks for the detailed info! That's exactly the explanation I was looking for. I wasn't sure if it mounted in front of or just behind the partition wall. I can see where the screw holes are with the carpet pulled away. My thoughts and prayers going out to you for your complete and speedy recovery!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts