Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 1980 alfa romeo with the engine that is not good
las week i buy a engine block for $100 but i thinhk is from the 1990`s
but i see that my 1980 engine head as some oil holes in the back part and my engine block that i just buy dont have this holes can a use this head in this block

but if the engine block have the holes can i use a head that dont have the oil holes on

any help here please thanks

·
Registered
what part?
10,875 Posts
those on the head. are the rear oil return holes from the head.. the block , its missing, dont worry, the oil wil drain into the chain case// probley a better idea... yes you can use that head on the block. with no issue

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply i just dont want to brake my engine head or engine block thanks there is a ton of thinks a need to know of the engines thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One more question is my 1980 timing cover as the spica injection and i will like to use it can i swap my timing cover with no problem because the 1990’s dont have the spica oil holes

·
Premium Member
22,956 Posts
You need to use the Spica cover for both mounting of the pump and oil pressure passages to it.
Andrew

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok perfect so it will work and the Crankshaft Pulley with SPICA Drive can i use it in the 1990's to sorry to ask to much question but i really dont know to much

·
Premium Member
22,956 Posts
Well, if you're going with nonstock stuff you kind of have to check each thing. Note, a 1990 crank should have a larger rear main seal than your 1980 engine. Your oil dipstick provision might differ.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
5,838 Posts
If your putting a different timing cover on your block then the one it came with.

Put the idler gear on the block with no chains then slide the timing cover your going to use on. Make sure the gear spins freely with the cover tighten down with a couple of nuts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts