Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in purchasing a set of wheels. These wheels are 5X100 bolt pattern (I will be purchasing wobble bolts) and have a +40 offset. they are 17X7. Will this work on my 164L? I don't know too much about the required offset etc. Need your help guys.

Thanks,

Tetteh

·
Premium Member
9,747 Posts
I am interested in purchasing a set of wheels. These wheels are 5X100 bolt pattern (I will be purchasing wobble bolts) and have a +40 offset. they are 17X7. Will this work on my 164L? I don't know too much about the required offset etc. Need your help guys.

Thanks,

Tetteh
Hi,
5X100 work just fine with wobble bolts and hub rings. 40et is a bit pushing it with a 17X7 wheel. You will require a 5-10mm spacer on the rear. I suggest a 30-35mm offset maximum!

Jason

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same question in regards to my '87 Alfa 75 (America) here in the US. I'm struggling with both the 5x98 and as to wether a 35mm offset is to wide for all four wheels. I can't find aftermarket 30mm, is the 27mm offset recommended? I don't want the wheels to be outside of the fender wells. I am tempted to go to the 5x100 if I can find the 'wobble' bolts and 'hub' rings the earlier writer stated he obtained. Eli

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I have 5X100's on my S and the problem I've been finding is they go out of balance sooner than later. If you can find 5X98's stick with that. I for one am switching back in the near future.

·
Premium Member
15,555 Posts
What brand wheels and size do you have on your S, using the wobble bolts?

·
Registered
246 Posts
no body mentioned hub size. Make sure the wheels have hub centric rings that matchs our cars.. i think it's 57.1 mm for the 75 and 57 mm for the 164? some body please confirm ... as I am writing from memory...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
*** wobble bolts? If that's what I think it is, you guys have more guts than me! Surely 5x98 is not that hard to find!?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I have 5X100's on my S and the problem I've been finding is they go out of balance sooner than later.
I would guess that the wheels are not unbalancing, they are falling off or coming loose.

Paul

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
no body mentioned hub size. Make sure the wheels have hub centric rings that matchs our cars.. i think it's 57.1 mm for the 75 and 57 mm for the 164? some body please confirm ... as I am writing from memory...
From my memory: 58.1 for the 164.

·
Premium Member
26,820 Posts
We sure have a few Pre-Engineering 101 students who failed basic math, etc when it comes to forcing 5x100 wheels to fit 5x98 bolt pattern and don't know what using correct hub centric wheel hubs mean. But man o' man do those wheels look cool, huh?

·
Premium Member
15,555 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts