Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Continuing the interior restoration of my GTV and noticed that the areas that line the edges behind the rear side trim panels are covered with a black vinyl strip. Should this vinyl also be at the edges behind the map pockets? See pics:
20200524_071058.jpg
20200524_071050.jpg

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have just fitted new carpets and the kit had carpet panels for that area that came with black vinyl edge trim, you glue it down then re fit the chrome trim, when I stripped the car it had that area covered entirely in vinyl also wrapped around the edge

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Continuing the interior restoration of my GTV and noticed that the areas that line the edges behind the rear side trim panels are covered with a black vinyl strip. Should this vinyl also be at the edges behind the map pockets? See pics:
View attachment 1630360 View attachment 1630362
IIRC, yes, there is a strip of black vinyl below the A pillar and along the door edge opening where the map pockets are mounted. The interior SS trim overlaps the trailing edge of the vinyl strip; the rear edge of the map pocket overlaps the front edge of the vinyl strip.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Hi. On the 1750 and 2000 GTVs (don't know about the 1600 GTVs) there is a thin vinyl piece that that overlaps the the lower A pillar edge and extends forward being shaped to cover the holes. It covers more area than the map pockets so as to hide any painted areas. It is glued on. A picture is coming when I get home later today.

The other Ken

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Here are some pictures. The always in Black Vinyl is 0.60 mm thick (0.025 ") The vinyl in the picture has some damage around edges mostly at the top. It is 37 cm wide at the top and about 31.5 cm wide at bottom.

hope this helps.

Ken
DSCN9037.JPG
DSCN9038.JPG
DSCN9039.JPG

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for the replies and help!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a follow up question... Is there a carpet section that also goes behind the map pocket?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts