Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have just purchased a 1990 G plate 75 two litre TS Veloce. Need ideas on where I can find used parts and stuff. Main needs right now are:

- front seats
- gearbox
- someone who knows about the electrics and can fix them
- owners manuals and/or technical manuals
- performance/handling/braking mods

If anyone has any leads it would be much appreciated. I am in Nottingham, UK but can travel UK wide.

Ciao, Graham

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
4,365 Posts
I am in the US and cannot recommend any parts suppliers for you.

However, I can comment on your car's electrics. In a humid climate like the UK many of your car's electrical problems are likely due to corrosion. Therefore, a few hours spent cleaning all electrical connections and grounds (do you say earth in the UK instead of ground?) with contact cleaner and a small brass brush will probably improve the situation greatly.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Daddy like.

Those bodykits were never seen on US cars, so we're slightly more inclined to like them. If you want to trade 'up' to the 75 America bumpers, drop me a line. I have a pair of unblemished bumpers you can have, in exchange for those ineffective yet good looking bumpers/spoilers :)

As far as parts, I have been purchasing from several UK outlets such as

EB Spares (http://www.ebspares.co.uk)
Alfaman (http://www.alfaman.net)
Demon Tweeks (http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/frame.asp)

They seem to offer good prices and ship here to us yanks pretty quickly. Should be no trouble for you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys

Hey, thanks for all the kind words about the car and the useful advice.

Have just fixed the seating issue by getting my hands on some Recaros from a Limited Edition 75 (no 3154 I believe) so I am 'made up' about that. Only cost me 75 GBP for a full set after haggling.

Gearbox still grinding in 1st and 2nd though, and corrosion or faulty sensors are driving me mad with the electrics. Everything works but warning lights flash like Las Vegas gaming halls at every brake press, bump in the road etc.

BTW, if any of you guys in the US can get your hands on a DIY manual to servicing (we call them Haynes manuals over here, not sure if same in US), then if you know of one knocking around of an auto store that does them I'm interested, ok?

Anyone else got pics of their motors - would be interested to see...

Take it easy,

Graham

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Graham - our manuals only have V6 cars (we only got the 2.5V6 and 3.0V6). Other parts may be similar. The manuals are pretty expensive here, about USD$60 ea for a reprint.

A better alternative is to simply search the web for copies of the repair manual on CD-ROM image. I haven't looked lately, but a quick look on Google will more than likely turn up some copies ...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Gearbox oil and grounds

Hi,

You may wish to use Stabilant 22 on the contacts after cleaning them. When a small amount of Stabilant 22 is applied to the surfaces of electromechanical contacts, it enhances there conductivity_ and provides them with the reliability of a soldered joint without bonding the contacting surfaces together! It increases the reliability of contacts by anywhere from 10 to 100 fold.

You can purchase it at VW or Audi dealer parts depts, in addition to other computer/sound equipment shops.

I have found that in over 236,000 miles, Redline gear oil has helped me to extend the life of the synchros. I am still on the original 'box, but it is getting a little crunchy on the 1st to 2nd shift now if I don't take care.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,365 Posts
In the US, Stabilant 22 can also be purchased through NAPA stores. They will tell you that they don't have it, but it's stocked in their regional warehouses so it's only a day away if you order it.

It's expensive but a little goes a long way. I found applying it to the AFM connector smoothed out a flat spot on my car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts