Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the exhaust system on a Quattroruote? I know whatever system I buy will need modification to fit correctly. The question is what to start with. I'm thinking a a 101 Spider system and then just add extra length to it somewhere in the middle as the 4R is based on a TI chassis rather than the shorter Spider frame.
Any experience or even ideas would be welcome?
Thanks,
Dale Whitney

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ed,
What I have is a straight pipe from the headers to a muffler by the rear axle to a cherry bomb at the rear. Im thinking it should be a three piece system with an expansion chamber just aft of the headers a muffler by the rear axle and a proper rear resonator that goes straight out the rear below and past the rear bumper. Does this sound correct to you?
Thanks,
Dale

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have just gotten a R4 Zagato in for service. It has a new stainless exhaust. I will photograph it for you. I'll have it for a few days, so we can compare notes on other things, if you like.
Keith

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keith,
Thanks. With the exception of the exhaust system our car seems to be very original, so I would be happy to photograph or discuss any areas you have questions about.
Dale

1 - 5 of 5 Posts