Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The drivers side quarter window was getting loose and I was afraid I'd drop it on the street soon. I heard common failure is the rubber blocks holding the window in place.

After securing the window with tape to prevent it from hitting the pavement, I removed the door seal just enough to expose the track that holds it in place.

After removing the three screws that hold the track in place, I removed the retaining screw that holds a thin piece of silver trim that runs around the inside of the door onto the floor. There is a single screw at the top of this piece near the headliner. Pull this trim piece back just enough to expose the inside trim piece on the b-pillar. This 8 inch piece just snaps off. There is a similiar trim piece on the outside of the b-pillar that also snaps off. Now you have access to the screws that hold the retaining clips for the rubber blocks.

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
After removing the three screws from the b-pillar, the rear hinge screws can be loosened. The window should come right out.

The blocks should be marked as to their original position on the vertical window track ( I used tape). The blocks slide out of the track. Slide the new blocks into the retaining clips. The new blocks don't want to slide real easy into the window track so I used a light amount of vasoline to get them into the proper position.

My window was loose from the vertical track piece. It seems that there was a plastic piece that holds the window in the track. This plastic was brittle and needed to be discarded. I tried to source this piece but no luck. I used a clear silicone adhesive to affix the window to the track.

Position the window back in place and reverse the process!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Great pics and thread on some thing that can be a little puzzling at first!
You make it look as easy as it is!

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
How funny! I just did this operation today!

One of my windows was missing all the metal clips for the hinge assembly. I "manufactured" these using 16 gauge sheet metal... without them the window is unstable.

·
Registered
315 Posts
bb believer

I had just come from the garage wondering how i would reveal the mysteries of my quarter window hinges...the driver's side failed upon it's first opening this spring.

and now, as if on cue, lot's of clarity and product sourcing.

contributions posted to this bb are tremendously helpful.

thanks.

gmack
2000 GTV
minneapolis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts