Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the PO's added the front and side ground affects to my 84 Spider from a Quadrifoglio and a horrible job they did, anyways that's another chapter for another day, but I added the rear bumper skirt to complete the look.
I got it used from APE and attached to each side right by the fender wells were rubber straps/braces or brackets to fix the part of the skirt to the body to stop it from vibrating.
So what I am trying to find out is how these were correctly attached to the body or frame. I would really appreciate some feedback and some pictures to show me what was done.
Thanks again,
Les

Attachments

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Look at rear valance side attachment bracket. One on each side at rear of wheel arch. These brackets have one anchor nut welded on the bottom. That rubber strap attaches by a bolt with a wide washer passing through the metal grommet in the strap end and threading into the welded-on nut in the bracket.

Since your Alfa is not a quad, you will have to fabricate your own bracket. But this will not be much of a detraction since the factory added bracket on a true quad is quite homeade looking anyway. It is basically a metal strap with 4 right angle turns, riveted onto the lip flange of the rear fender underside. It is a box with a nut welded into the middle of the box. Sorry I can't make you a better photo but the Alfa is in winter storage right now. Please private email me because I would like to ask YOU a question about how the PO attached the side valances to your Alfa. I am having problems re-attaching MY quad side valances after havine my Alfa repainted in pieces last winter.

Robert [email protected]

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts