Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night someone tried to break into my 2017 Quad. They pulled on the locked door handle but there was no alarm. Is there a setting that I have inadvertently changed that prevents the car alarm from sounding when the car is locked and someone pulls on the door handle? Luckily they did not gain entrance to the car. Turns out I happened to be up at the time and would have loved to scare him off. Cops were patrolling the area 3 minutes after this happened looking between and around cars with their searchlights. Someone must have alerted the police. Never caught the guy. I caught the whole thing on my surveillance cameras.

·
Administrator
12,585 Posts
This raise my doubts, yet again (sorry), about the viability of car insurance. Being a new car and fully insured, other than the nuisance factor, insurance should replace the car and you are happy. While yes I understand it is not the same car and we do get attached (well I do), Alfa Romeo are still making them so it's replaceable, i.e. we are not talking about a car your family has owned for 50 years that is a discontinued model.

But yes, apologies, I cannot answer your alarm question

Best
Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts