Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
what part?
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for the first 2 photo's..little shaky. last one came out// but the way.i bought thse QA1 shocks a year ago, they now make front and rear shocks that will fit a spider..i had to make mine fit, but it works

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
Travel??? By the looks of the pics, it does not look like it has very much travel... I see that you have a jack simulating the weight of the car, but it will settle more when it is actually rolling and sitting flat.

·
Registered
what part?
9,995 Posts
when the car is on the ground, and bounced up and down to settle, there is enough travel,- per QA1 specs.. you cannot 'bottom ' this shock out..won't let you, i also have a QA1 sock bumpstop on the piston.the total travel of this shock is 5.5 inchs. stock koni..is 6"

·
Registered
what part?
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QA1 recomends 70/30 spilt on shock mounting, i ran 60/40 on my car.. got my neibour to come over( he drives a f250 truck i sold him.. he comes in at 300 pounds,, bracing himself on the overhang, he steped on my bumper, up and down as hard as he could.. , while i was filming the shock travel.. works perfectly:):)..by the way he wants to drive my car,, tryed sitting in it. did not fit.. he was kind of sad,, he likes the car..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts