Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a donor car for cheap, an '82 and was hoping if some one could answer a quick question... are the body bits the same as a '74? specifically the doors and rear quarters.

I know the bumpers are not and I don't need those. If I do buy it I'll part out what I don't need to those that do.

-Raffi

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
The body panels are the same, and so are the doors, and they will fit fine. Nonetheless, as the years went by Spiders were made heavier to comply with better safety requirements, so the doors from an '82 will be heavier than those from a '74.

FYI - series 2 is from '71 - '82, 2a is '71 - '74 (a.k.a pre-smog), 2b is '75 - '82. Also, while '82 was the last year for the series 2 cars, it was also the year when then new Spider Veloce was introduced as the first of the series 3 vehicles...

Best regards,

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The body panels are the same, and so are the doors, and they will fit fine. Nonetheless, as the years went by Spiders were made heavier to comply with better safety requirements, so the doors from an '82 will be heavier than those from a '74.

FYI - series 2 is from '71 - '82, 2a is '71 - '74 (a.k.a pre-smog), 2b is '75 - '82. Also, while '82 was the last year for the series 2 cars, it was also the year when then new Spider Veloce was introduced as the first of the series 3 vehicles...

Best regards,
That's what I thought... thanks.

One thing... My understanding was the series 2 cars were 71 thru 74 and series 2a were the 75 thru 82... I've never heard the reference series 2b before.

-Raffi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts