Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
would like to know are all the LSD centers all the
same size eg will a 3tl diff center fit into a 1.8 or 2lt??

I woud like too fit an LSD center my 2.5 transaxle and

"what is an Isostatic transaxle"
any help would be great

·
Registered
390 Posts
see llyod at start, he can build you a lsd centre for a good price or modifiy a 105 series lsd centre to fit the transaxle. the better of the 2 options, get a twinspark transaxle...

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Isostatic refers to the shift linkage from the gearbox input selector to the shift rod (going to the stick). All Milanos/75s have it. Some later GTV6s do as well - don't recall the exact year the change was introduced, but it was towards the later production years of the GTV6.

It is not trivial to fit a LSD to a non-LSD transaxle correctly as clearances should be set up.

Jes

·
Registered
158 Posts
get a twinspark transaxle...
+1 on this one.. the TS transaxle has slightly closer ratios as well as the LSD, if you find a TS somewhere to pull the LSD out of, just swap out the whole thing, although It would probably be worth renewing syncros on a used transaxle while it's off the car and / or re-shimming the LSD for more lock

or.. get a new LSD, OS Giken make one that's superior to the original ZF one, and Jack Knight make a peg-type LSD to fit if you like that style, both would last a lot longer than the ZF before needing maintenence, but with either of these you would need a precise / professional install to get the correct crownwheel / pinion tolerances as Jes says

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thinks all, but my diff ratios is 10/41 .
What the TS one and is it 2 pinion or 4 pinion ,I thourt that the 3Lt crownwheel would
have more meat on it ?
Say hi to Lioyd and I have a bottle of red for him.

·
Registered
814 Posts
get a twinspark transaxle...
+2 on this...

Just been down this route and now have a T/S box and LSD... If memory serves me correctly the box is a 4.3...

As Darryl said... do the synchros at the same time as it's easier now than later... although I left the LSD alone...

·
Registered
912 Posts
if you have $500 spare Lloyd can build one, im sure you dont need nothing special tho.

·
Registered
390 Posts
be assured the are a good asset, i know several people running them in there race cars here in SA with great results, however for a couple hundred more would it be better to buy a TS transaxle? obviously for the better gear ratios and diff ratio, is a much better g/box overall for both street and track in my opinion and as others have mentioned...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts