Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a few months since I took the inside of my 87 Spider apart to replace the carpet. Life got in the way and other projects took over. I didn't take a lot of pictures & should have more. Are there any how to pics or anything about the center console area. Or I can just play it by ear & hope for the best.
thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry no pics but I had to go through this also. From memory... put sides in. At the back there's a post the securers it with a nut and on the lower edges there are 2 screws. Putting the center section on... connect the harnesses and don't forget the one going forward to the fan. Also connect the heater controls to this center section. This center section attaches with two screws in the back and two up in the forward upper corner. This last one it the hardest as it goes through the center section, side, and attaches to a tab on the dashboard. Hope this helps...

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Yup, that's the basic procedure. Top and sides are attached first, then the bottom of the console is screwed to the bracket to tighten it up.

Test all the electrics before mounting the bottom.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just put back together the interior of my 89 Veloce last week after gutting it down to the floor boards, and one mistake I made was waiting until I had reassembled the heater box control lever assembly (that thing with all the fiber washers and metal retaining rings) before hooking it up to the cables. Doh! Make sure the cables are attached to the levers before installing that unit.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks fleder, point well taken. And where are all your pictures? The ones I didn't take. I do have one pic of the back of the heater levers. May need it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts