Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the broken engine out of my GTV6 this afternoon. Man! It has to come out at a 45 degree angle to say the least! That rear mount kept hanging up in the tunnel as we tried to pull it forward and up. I was planning on putting my new COMPLETE engine in with exhaust manifolds, intake injectors the works....but now I am not so sure. Is is better to just drop the engine in with only the heads on?...Install the intake and everything else AFTER the long block is in?
Also...any ideas on cleaning up the compartment? The firewall insulation is coming all apart too...like a mouse or something shredded it all apart.
Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Haven't taken the engine out of my GTV6 yet but I've done so a number of times in a Milano which I expect is pretty close. I usually jack up the rear of the car as high as the jack stands will go and in the front make them just high enough to let me get the cherry picker in there. I found taking the manifolds off along with most of the aux stuff makes it a lot easier although it still gets hung up in the tunnel. Usually I'm doing it along so it is lift a little get under the car and push things around a bit, rinse and repeat (multiple times) in small increments. I do leave the plenum on.

Most of the insulation has had a critter nest in or shred it at some point. I've only ever seen one that was perfect and the funny part about that is the rest of the car was trashed!

Kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts