Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends,
Got caught in the rain, went through some serious puddles and guess what?
the gauges in my instrument cluster went dead. all of them (except maybe temp.) it's not that they worked well before, but i was beginning to enjoy the needle hopping show. i would like them to work again, although the speedo is really jumpy when it works at all.

any thoughts of a short or fuse?

any help and sarcasm will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The gauges all have a power supply as well as an earth (ground) connection. They also have the individual feeds from the various sensors obviously.
So, if all gauges have gone then it is probably the fuse that supplies the power to the pod and gauges (there is just one power lead to the circuit board housing all the connections for the gauges and the power is then distributed via the circuit board).
The fuse is located on the board that drops down from under the dash on the driver side.
I can't remember which fuse it will be but a search on this board will throw up the info. or you could just take out each one in turn and try a known good one in its place until you get lucky.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, old lucky number 7!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi eric,
thanks for the tip, they are fun, replaced the cowl grill and made certain they were clear and solid several months ago.

quick question though, my interior door handles do not automatically return to the correct position after i use them to open the door, it then makes it difficult to close the door. am i tightening them too much? should i lubricate something?
thanks
Rande

1 - 5 of 5 Posts