Alfa Romeo Forums banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Welded. Wharfies tried to F my car, but I win, cause their damage is now all fixed!
Pete
ps: wasn't just this damage. The brand new rear was dented too ... but I fixed that years ago

Attachments

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #143 (Edited)
And yes my car has always had a wonky upside down T stamping, so it still has. Maybe the die moved when the panel was stamped or there is some other reason??
Pete

·
Premium Member
6,405 Posts
Dang, that looks good!!

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Welded. Don't think the shape in all 40 million directions is right. Bloody Giugiaro. Subtle curves all over the place ...

Pete

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,405 Posts
Test fit the doors? We believe in you!

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Test fit the doors? We believe in you!
Yes I'm moving on to the door, and once the door is in I'll make any adjustments to get it all looking right.
Pete

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I’ve learnt a little lesson I think. I should have made that panel while viewing the car from the most common angle it will be looked at, not with the car angled up at 45 degrees. So it looks great when lying on the ground under the car, but who the heck cares about that view!

Something to think about ...
Pete

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
I have a plan, and it is not scary, so no longer will be tossing and turning trying to get to sleep :) ... again fixing small mistakes made by my younger self. To be fair there was so little of the lower sill area left, thanks to rust and bog-a-beaters, it has been a major struggle imagining how it all is supposed to look

BUT I am going to concentrate on the door as need the door done so I can get it installed so my eye can view the correct curve of the side of the car and then make the lower rear guard areas follow that same curve and look beaut. Hinge repair pins on their way ...
Pete

141 - 154 of 154 Posts