Alfa Romeo Forums banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
How far off paint do you rekon you are mate.???

·
Registered
11,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
That area is now finished, so the shell has been flipped. Now I have to correct the passenger side rocker/sill shape, correct rear guard and then fill the front guard hole ... from the rear of the front guard rust hole.

And the passenger door needs repairs but thats it, the shell will be complete!!
Pete

·
Registered
11,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Oops, looks like I have some welding pin holes that I had not noticed ... lol! Easy fix ...

Pete

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Oops, looks like I have some welding pin holes that I had not noticed ... lol! Easy fix ...

Pete
Yes...I would highly recommend you get your flashlight out and turn off the garage lights....those pin holes will shine like the stars in the sky! Now's the time to catch those little buggers ...before you get ready to prep for paint.

·
Registered
11,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #130 (Edited)
Now in the 45° position so I can more easily work on the (NZ) passenger side.

Note there is a beam on the floor bolted to frame tilter, so she cannot fall over
Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
11,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Yes I know progress has been too slow lately. Very real life getting in the way, and too be honest a lack of motivation. I have bought cutting discs, and from experience just need to cut it somewhere and we'll be back on it ...

Pete

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
These things ebb and flow. Take a well earned deep breath and jump back in when you're ready.

I've walked away for a couple of months from time to time.

·
Registered
11,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Started yesterday correcting the shape of the passenger side sill/rocker panel I made when I was much younger. Felt good and very motivating.

To do this I had to remove the bottom of the rear guard (where it over laps the sill. It needed to be remade anyway as shape wrong and I'd lost control of a weld induced shrink) but was surprised to see surface rust where I had not been able to get paint. It wasn't bad but just goes to show, getting paint everywhere is so very important.

Good to be moving forward again
Pete

121 - 134 of 134 Posts