Discussion Starter #281
Yep, door seal installed

Pete

Reactions: giulia_veloce

·
Administrator
14,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
Big day today, she's back on wheels :eek: ...

... but only trolley wheels. I'm thinking ahead to paint, hiring trailers and sheds to do it (156 will need a towbar too).

And then started next repair on left side:
Pete

Attachments

Reactions: horsewidower

·
Administrator
14,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
Cable

Pete

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I ask because if mechanism type.....I was going to suggest that you install the door glass and mechanism to ensure that the fit between the glass and the seal is even all around. There is some adjustment with the mechanism type but not as much as would I would have liked ....I had to massage the mounting points of the mechanism to the door in order to get a good fit (a frustrating task to do when everything is in final paint...:(). I would guess that cables will be a lot easier to achieve a good fit.

·
Administrator
14,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
Thanks, I did put the glass in to see how it fitted, but not properly installed with the cables, etc.

Progress:
Pete

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
Getting there
Pete

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
And

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
Wow you have been busy.
well done for making that wing repair section in one piece. I think I would have chickened out and done it in two. Keep up the good work.
We will finish these cars, we will finish these cars, we will......

·
Administrator
14,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
It isn't one piece. Nearly finished the hammer form needed for the return on the end of the guard.

Will be the first time in more than 30 years that the shell has all guard bottoms ... er, or actually in one piece!

And yes we will finish these cars 🙂
Pete

·
Administrator
14,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
A lot of initial fitting work yesterday and today. Going to be a very challenging weld, requiring lots of hammer and dolly work and checking panel alignment constantly

Pete

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
Getting there. A little bit of pillowing will require shrinking, but otherwise very happy. Taken 2 long days to get to this point with that vertical weld!

Pete

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #298 (Edited)
Time to remove the bog off the roof and reveal why the whole roof was bogged ... 1/4 done and ... we have found a(nother) dent

Pete

Attachments

281 - 300 of 320 Posts