Alfa Romeo Forums banner

181 - 200 of 221 Posts

·
Administrator
12,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Hinge support panel done. Yes I could have ground all the welds down but strength is more important here than beauty, and a completely hidden panel

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
I agree leave those welds, strength is what counts. I bet your happy working at the doors on your special door frame cradle, you made that a while back.
Tim

·
Administrator
12,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Yeah, right work height helps the back. Happy people produce better work.

It's all very worrying as in the end the door must fit and work, but I won't know until the frame is fixed and we can trial fit

Pete

·
Administrator
12,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
So I've wire brushed the inside of the hinge area of the door frame, 80% of this are will have to be cut out and replaced ...

Pete

·
Registered
280 Posts
Pete, maybe you could make the hinge panel in sections put it in the door aperture and check with the front guard edge for profile and when happy weld it in to the door frame recheck it then rivet or screw the other part to it, recheck, adjust then weld. Just ideas here.
Tim

·
Administrator
12,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Thanks Tim, great minds think alike. Was earlier today saying to my father that I will need to tack things together and trial fit.

Will get it done, just need to work out where to start :)

Pete

·
Administrator
12,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Yes this is the 'good' replacement door I bought. Pretty much all the left from door handle (window winder?) hole will end up being replaced ...

Pete

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #192 (Edited)
Oh no, I've run out of MIG gas ...

EDIT: obviously this piece is not finished and those ugly tack welds will be sorted
Pete

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Door hinges rebushed with AlfaHolics bush and pin kit. Super easy and now beautiful in their action

Pete

·
Registered
192 Posts
Man doesn’t it suck when you run out of gas?!! Happens to me all the time (though more on the tig welder than the mig)

Still, great progress sir! Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

181 - 200 of 221 Posts