Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
I too, am interested. I just haven't voiced an opinion on a date as my work schedule is all over the board, sometimes including a Saturday, or a Sunday, or sometimes both! Once a date is established I hope that there is sufficient lead time (a few weeks) so that I can put in for a day off from work if necessary.

August or early September should provide for the best weather. Hope we can pull everyone together and make this work.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ron,

I too am interested. I agree August or early September would be appropriate. How about some of you put it together? I'll help, but some of you need to do the planning. I've got the place for it. I prefeer a Saturday. What do you think?

Jack
Onealfanut

94 164LS
87 Spider Quad

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Is there still interest in a get together this summer in July or August. If there is, I figure if I get started now, it might actually happen!

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
John,

count me in....I have some of Bob Palmer's old PSAROA's mailing lists....hard to say what may be current after so many years....but at least it'll have names.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
fyi to you Puget Sounders -
We received word last week that one of your own, Ron Mickus, left our earthly company recently. I'll be glad to offer up what details I know if you pm me.
Most of you know Ron as the former owner of my Jr. Z.
We will miss him and his enthusiasm for the marque and for life in general:(

·
Registered
68 Posts
Though I am now located in The Villages, FL now, I will be with you guys in spirit when you get together. Nora and I really need to come back up for a visit and it would be tempting to make the visitation trip to coinside with the gathering.

Bob Boone

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Cool! Thanks Jack.

I have an address list from the database I used to print address labels for Legenda. Does someone want to volunteer to cast another set of eyes on it?

Ciao,

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Some sad news for those surviving PSAROA members (Puget Sound Alfa Romeo Owners Association)... anyone that spent time in the independent club, certainly remembers Hans Quennet:

Fred Russell (Current NWARC Prez): Thank you again to all who had a chance to visit Hans and his family back in July. Hans was a wonderful person who loved Alfa Romeos and the people around them. Our visit meant a lot to him and his family. Hans has passed away but the memories we are stuck with... and memories are a very good thing. Every time you get your hands dirty making an Alfa run, you are akin to Hans in that moment. Rest in Peace, Hans Quennet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes Hans will be missed. I, along with several others, was fortunate to visit with him not too long ago. He was such a helpful person. Especially to one young budding Alfisti that had little auto knowledge and no Alfa knowledge. He would invite people into his garage and share his vast expertise to get our beloved Alfas running right. :tear:

Ron Lotton

·
Registered
1 Posts
In my quest to find another Alfetta GT (I have always kicked myself for trading my blue Alfetta GT in on a new car but it never drove the same after it got wrecked when a van pulled out in front of me on Gilman Blvd.) I stumbled across this thread. I was a member of PSAROA back in the late 80's. I still have a Beer Stein I won at one of the Christmas parties at Vince's Italian Restaurant and I used to ride to the meetings with Hans in his Berlina. If any of you PSAROA members were ever at Han's house in Mirromont, I made him the Alfa Logo Glass Mirror in art class that he put in his entry way. He was a wonderful person and also taught me how to work on my Alfa as well in his garage. His red Alfetta has always been the benchmark of great looking Alfa's in my opinion. He also had a Spider if I remember right. I often thought of him and the old club over the years. Those were good times. R.I.P. Hans.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts