Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
John,

Your old car is doing fine. It runs good and starts first time every time since I switched to electronic ignition. As soon as I get this wiper motor sorted out I will be able to drive in the rain!

John Farver

·
Registered
53 Posts
I spoke to Mike Patjens today... So he's now informed of the plans for this July. He is now aware of this site also and can monitor messages, however, not reply.

Hi John... It will be good to touch base with you also. You still got that NICE GTV?

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Hey -
Can I come, if I promise to drive the Jr. Zagato that formerly belonged to Ron Mickus?:D

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Puget Sound Emblem

I still have mine...sewn on a Auto Trader RAC British Touring Car Campionship promo jacket I picked up in the early 90's when I was over in England on business. The jacket has a red Alfa Romeo 155 racecar emblem sewn over the left breast of the jacket, promoting Alfa's dominance of the seriers at that time.

I rarely wear the jacket, wanting to keep it in good shape. I look forward to putting it on come this summer (you know, Seattle weather!).

Ron

PS: Good to hear from Ron Lotton....I thought he had gotten lost under a big pile of bureaucratic paperwork, never to be found or heard from again. And of course, John F & Mike P it was good to run into you guys at the Potlatch this summer. And thanks again Mike for the parts!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi John - I have one of those to. I glad your enjoying the car, I have the Elvria documents for that car I should give you. And just a thought maybe the organizer of the party can poll the old memership for the most attended date in July.

John

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hi Ron (Lotton), Yep, I still have the GTV. I was wondering if you still had your Giulietta, or if you sold it to fill it's garage space with a couple more motorcycles :) I have one of the PSAROA patches as well as a lapel pin. Weren't there also PSAROA jackets as well?

Ciao,

·
Registered
68 Posts
PSAROA Florida Member

To all the "old" buddies--a year ago I relocated to The Villages, FL and years ago sold or gave away all my stash of Alfas and parts, but during the packing of all our stuff, I did find me PSAROA patches and window decals and I still have all the newsletters up in the attic.

The PSAROA decal is on the winshield of my golf cart (gas not electric--of course) and if I can find an old Alfa "heart" grill, I will mount it on tje cart!!

Talked to Hans Q and Jack B a week or so ago and enjoyed the visit.

I am searching for an old Alfa down here and the plan is to build a 1928 Model A Ford Roadster Pickup--all Alfa drive train and engine--just to show the mobthly Cruise In folks that you don't need a whacking big V-8 to have fun!!! Of course, the wife thinks I am nuts!

I doubt I can make it up in July but have fun!!!

Bob Boone

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi John

Yeah Andy is 13 now, though it's not reflected in the picture. I don't know if I previously shared with you that he slept through the parade lap that we had at the Soverign Vintage Races. He's the only participant that slept through the most exciting part... :)

Ron

·
Registered
86 Posts
Old Times

Hey, what happened to the reunion talk. I thought it sounded like a great idea. Has it died? I still have most of the big lawn we used to use. Anybody interested?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I posted a survey of dates in a separate thread (linked above) back in May, but there was no response. I guess I should have posted to this old thread. Anyway, the dates I proposed were:

7/8/06
7/15/06
7/22/06

I think the 8th is out for all intents and the 29th could be another possibility.

Ciao,

·
Registered
86 Posts
PSAROA Reunion

Hey Guys,
Why don't one of you put this together for sometime in August? My place is available if you want. Let me know.

Jack (onealfanut)

41 - 60 of 77 Posts