Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
PSAROA Reunion

I think a reunion is a great idea. Since we still have funds, how about making it real and using my yard again for hi's, lies, etc, and a BBQ just like the old days. We shouldn't wait too long as we will lose the weather. We old timers should talk about how we use the left over funds and who should be invited besides old members and who might get paid for. Any other thoughts by anyone?

·
Registered
7 Posts
John , if I may I would like to add some more information to your explanation of the dues flap with the national. Jay Nuxoll wrote the original by-laws for the NWARC as you said, in 1965, He wrote in a part that allowed 5 dollar associate members who would receive the newsletter, could attend the meetings, but not permitted to vote on any issue, which was only done by the officers and the regular members who paid a fifteen dollar membership dues. We had several fine associate members who even became capable and willing officers. It didn't matter to us. The idea was to have them sample the club to see if they would like to join as regular members. They earned their full membership by their good work for the club. The Chapter dues returned to the National didn't balance with our membership list.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Party Time!! ??

Hey, Folks!

Nothing quite like getting a bunch of old friends together again! I've managed to stay in touch with a few these years - Bob, Jack, Jay, Paul, and met Dan Hoogen, John Farver, Dave Nudelman and Mike Patjens at the Convention!

It's been a while but I saw George Bradshaw a few times since, talked to Bobby Boone on the phone, also Ron Calkins since he's obviously active in the NWARC these days. Don Christian was here from Florida a while back. Don MacKay was also up here from New Mexico and since his sons still live here, he'd probably find a reason to join us as well.

I've been "sitting on" our remaining treasury all these years and talked to a few of the old PSAROA members, way back when, about how to deal with these funds.

Seems to me that a bit of a "bash" would take care of it nicely!

About the weather - as we all know, (and just look at the record) we tend to get rained out on weekends more often than not.

I'd suggest an indoor meeting site. That back room is still available at Vince's . We were just there the other day since we're fond of that pizza. Well, darn me, it tasted different! Asked Fred if he'd changed his formula and he nodded. Whatever...

There are any number of places for a reunion. I'd like to see people bring wives, too. The way I see it - the more, the merrier; well, I'm not suggesting people bring their children and grandchildren but $700 ought to cover a decent party and, if it doesn't, well, we'll just pass the old hat.

One final thought - we all know how to reach somebody - let's all list names of people, as I did, whom we can contact and invite to this bash?

Cheers and Happy Motoring!

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
I just stopped by Bob P's place and collected an old PSAROA roster from June of 88. Not sure if anyone has one more current. Heck, I don't even appear on it. I haven't started making calls yet but I'm sure there's a high probability of many of the #'s no longer being valid. But I'll do what I can, when I can (over the next week or so) and see where it gets us.

Bob had made a suggestion of perhaps putting a general announcement in the paper. Does that have merrit? Who would be the central contact? etc...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Five more

I just sent emails to Paul MacMichael, George Bradshaw, Bobby Boone, Everett Devlieg and Brian Tang, pointing them all to this thread.

Shall we pray?

HQ

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I think I prolly have a roster from the last days of the club up in the attic with all the Legenda stuff I saved. I'll take a look tonight.

I think the suggestion of an indoor venue is a good one being that we are just weeks away from the kick off of the fall rainy season. Ideas on where and when for this big shindig?

Cheers,

·
Registered
7 Posts
If this is any help John and Ron, here is a list, that I remember, of Charter members, last members, former members,who left having other priorities, but still old friends. Most still live in Washiington. It would be high pleasure to
see them all again, reminising, and if the wives permit, a few
golden moments for tirekicking, bragging about our latest acquisition, where we found it, and how cheap it was. The lifting of hoods, to show off our prized new spark plugs and leaking oil filters. Gawd, that was fun to live for!

If anyone can add any other members to this list, please feel free to do so.
This could grow into a really big, fun affair. even worthy of a hotel banquet room:

David Horvath, Terry Bottern, Larry Jungers, Jay Nuxoll, Bob Palmer, Jack
Brooks, Hans Quennet, George Bradshaw, Dave Nudleman, Johm Dambis,
Don Mackay, John Farver, the Patjents, Dan Hoogan, Ron Lotton, Bobby
Boone, Mike Nakamura, John Gianini, Ron Calkins, Brian Tang, Wes Ingram,
Paul MacMichael, Everett DeVlieg, Mac Russell, Fred Henzi, Tom Nuxoll,
Vivace(?) MiMillson(?) and that fellow who drove down from Western U. every picnic, Who he, anyone remember? And many others.....

Guests: Lino, for sure, Stanley, one way or another, anyone else?

Aside from eats and socializing, we could try for some entertainment, any
ideas on that? Like Dr.Phil, who might try to explain our afliction for those
wierd lookin grills, or a Jazz band for gittin down.....well, then youall come
up with sumpin.

It's all tentative, John's great idea for some fun, so come on let's kick it
around some more, who knows maybe we can get someone to sponser
the whole thing.

Or will this ever happen?

·
Registered
86 Posts
PSAROA Reunion

Hey guys,
Also remember Ron & Marilyn Mickus used to come over from Spokane forthe picnics. I tried to look them up this weekend when I was there, but found no one home. Also, how about Jay Bartle. He used to be pretty active, wasn't he? I'll add more if and when I think of them.
Jack

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guys, I put that list together of people who contirbuted much to the club,
whether they were on the last membership list or not. All old friends
deserving an invitation. To invite such a large group, even if only half came, we would need more than what's in the kitty, to make it a successful event.
If any others are willling so, I would drop a C note into the kitty to help us find a suitable room/hall big enough to pull it off. I enjoyed the tire kickings
and the club, as much as anyone, just poked a little fun about it earliier.

Possibly look into a catered dinner, individuals contributiing for their meals .etc. However that works.

Vinces would do, but is it big enough without us all being tightly seated with
minimal socializing. I believe we need enough room to move about comfortably to visit as we please. Tirekicking a must (weather permitting)
in the parking lot,or car park.... whatevvvver.....

Doesn't anyone else have any other ideas about this fine idea of John's?
Would anyone on the list have any suggestions/comments? And would
you come?

Ron, here, as the financial wizard of the NWAROC, as well as a member
of the Psaroa, possilby could advise us on the business of renting a
room/hall, such as cost and where to look.

John, you haven't given up on this have you? It's your game. Just was
giving you some perspectives and requested ideas of we old timers.
Bob

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't know how many are involved, but we can sure use my new shop/office and kick all the tires we want. We can set up tables for food & drink or whatever. We would need to scrounge some folding chairs.
Jack

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
I'm still in.

I was able to find the membership database (Access 2.0!) from 1995 that I used to print the address labels for the Legenda and was able to convert and open it in the latest version of Access. There are 36 members on the list. I would be more than happy to print the membership labels again and buy some post cards and send them out with the event details. So when and where do we want to have this shin dig? Sounds like Jack's place would be a good venue if the weather holds, we prolly have enough in the treasury to get some food & drink.

Cheers,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Psaroa Bash

Guys , if the Field of Alfas is in our destiny, to make it even
more interesting, how about adding more than just food, socializing
and tirekicking to the mix. How about bringing a car (Alfa) you want
sell, parts to swap or get rid of, or giviing a prize to the folks that
drove the farthest for the bash. I'll donate a painting to auction off,
the proceeds going into the kitty, and if youall have any other ideas
along this line let's hear'em, and not leaving out the girls.
The more activity.the more the fun. Bob

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
OK, so here's the plan since I dropped out of sight for the last month. If Jack's offer to use his field is still on for next July, we will shoot for having the reunion in the 2nd or 3rd week of July 2006. That way the weather should have a good chance of being decent and we can plan how best to spend the remainder of the treasury. I will reactivate this thread in May 2006 to revisit the plan.

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
I second the motion John. Bob Palmer had given me a couple interations of the old PSAROA mailing list, and unfortunately, I've been remissed in trying to call/try all the #s on the membership list. Hard to say how many are still correct after such a long time (~ 10 years) but in the conviening months I will work my way down the roster, and hopefully old PSAROA members who are on the AlfaBB will in their own efforts contact those they still keep in touch with to keep them appraised of future happenings. Given the extra lead time, hopefully we can "find" more of the old membership, and make for a really good reunion!

As the old commercial goes, "And they told two friends, and then they told two friends, and so on, and so on...."

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi All PSAROA Members

I just got off the phone with John Farver (and chatted for about an hour). He told me about his place... I am all in favor of a getting together this July (2006). A party sounds great!!!!

I've been wondering how you all have been getting along (BobP, JohnB, JohnF, RonC, JackB, TomN, and last-but-not-least HansQ... I hope I haven't missed anybody). I talk to Mike Patjens every so often.

I still have the Giulietta and take it out... well not as often as I like...:rolleyes:

I hope this note finds you all well.

Take Care
Ron Lotton
[email protected]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Everybody,

I just found this forum today. What a great thing. I was so excited when I saw this string I just had to respond and call Ron Lotton.

I too, miss seeing everyone at our meetings and am in favor of getting together next July.

Let me know if I can do anything.

John Farver

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Ron and John and John it's great to hear from you - it's been too long. I'm really looking forward to the re-union of the PSAROA faithful this summer.

Ciao,

21 - 40 of 77 Posts