Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I originally titled this it was electronics and apparently no one realized I was suggesting a new catagory/forum/list.

While audio systems use electricity, most often questions asked are what 'units' will fit in my Alfa, where to install speakers, and perhaps how best to install/wire up an installation.

Meaning having nothing to do with trouble shooting your problamatic starter or other electrical concerns - so why not have a separate forum just for audio?

As I've said before I'm aware there are those who feel the sound of an Alfa's engine should be all teh music you need in your Alfa Romeo. Fair enough. But there are those who would also like some decent sound in their AR - and quite possibly make it as subtle as possible.

For instance there are some neat, subtle things that can be done to older receivers - especially Blaupunkts. Recently I've found out - through the ABB's Electrical forum - that the 6-pin connector on the back of the older Blaupunkts can be used to connect an iPod, for instance.

Is there an overwhelming need for this? Probably not. But when the day comes for you to update say that cassette player, you might well find it nice to have a place on the ABB solely devoted to your situation.

Biba

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I think this is a good idea.

Best regards,

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Enrique, apparently we're the only ones who feel a separate Audio forum is a good idea.

While one can always post to Electrical regarding audio installs I still feel it would be nice to have a specific forum just for these purposes.

Biba

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Biba,
I would encourage you to send Simon a PM. I say this for three reasons: 1) No one has said that it is a bad idea... 2) In the Spider forum there are several threads asking about radio choices, issues, etc., so without going into specifics, I can assure you that having a dedicated audio forum would be appreciated, and 3) Other technical forums also have radio questions/issues buried where they are not easy to find.

Best regards,

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Biba,
A stereo thread was posted today on the Spider forum... What's interesting is that the author titled his thread "another radio thread", and his first statement was "Ok, I have searched the forum extensively about this topic and still need help. ..." I hope we get this Audio forum. :)

Best regards,

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
it def cant hurt to have this thread.

i think it is a great idea.

·
Registered
1965 Giulia TI/1998 Spider
3,938 Posts
I second that!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts