Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has a picture or said instructions of the proper placement of spare tire. Everytime I use it I always end up putting it back in the trunk differently. That being that the straps are never tight. What's the factory way to store it?
-CoreSeries

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,582 Posts
Face down so you can store things inside rim but makes it hard to check inflation.

Ditch the mini RED one and go for full size one then you can store more spare parts for long road trips.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Ditch the mini RED one and go for full size one then you can store more spare parts for long road trips.
Does a Speedline with good tire fit nicely beneath the carpet in the trunk?
I suppose I could try this myself - I never liked the transition to a small spare in any car.
It will get those extra Speedline rims out of my garage.....but then I will have donuts lying around....they don't sell on EBAY.
Two donuts take up same space as one Speedline.....in theory.

I agree that mini-spare never seems to fit right.

Ta,

Neville.

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,582 Posts
If you take out plastic rings they have in spare well a full size 195-65-15 fits pretty good. Little high but OD fits just fine.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Steve is right. Remove the botton plastic items. After that you have a choice.

Place washers [rubber plumbing kind ] stacked sl taller than the studs to protect the side wall of the tire or remove the studs.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Face down is best, I always have a 5 liter jerrycan filled with water on mine (had a leak). As Steve said, get a proper spare. The cover will sit a bit higher but you'll thank yourself when you get a flat on a long trip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts