Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience of getting a 105 prop balanced in and around the Essex area. Had mine sent away and come back saying they couldn't balance this type of prop, I then phoned Dynoprop and they said the same even asking me to call them back if I found someone so they could redirect enquiries they get to a shop that can work on them. Surprised at how difficult this is becoming, have a nasty rumble / vibration that I'm trying to work through and this is one of the steps (prop balance).

Cheers

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I ended getting a new Prop, as Jamie Porter in Royston said this would be easier & quicker.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh dear, more expense! roughly how much was the complete unit? I take it they're all straight and balanced from birth and don't need any adjustments?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I have used Propshaft Services a number of times and they are first class.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Guys,

Gave them a call, £48 for the balancing service, drop off and pickup the next day. They were aware of these props, guy was explaining the thickness or lack of it on the rear section and a few other technical bits relating to the opertaion of the prop, they ceratinly sound like they know they're business. Asked him if he could make a 105 prop, said the rear section no problem. Might give it a go if it's less that the sections available by the usual suspects.

ta

1 - 6 of 6 Posts