Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a lot of people looking into and buying Alfas who don't realize that there is a club out there for them to join, a whole community waiting to embrace them on the local and national level. One small way that I have been working to get that word out is with a tag line that I include any time I advertise a car or part on e-Bay: "To maximize your enjoyment, be sure to join the Alfa Romeo Owners Club, at www.aroc-usa.org. " I would like to encourage others to do the same. This is also an effective way to spread the word about the Bulletin Board and other resources, of course. E-Bay sure gets a lot of traffic--a 1981 Spider I listed had more than 2,500 hits. The more these people get invited to join, the more we all can benefit.
--Brewster

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
A GREAT idea!...

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
There are a lot of people looking into and buying Alfas who don't realize that there is a club out there for them to join, a whole community waiting to embrace them on the local and national level. One small way that I have been working to get that word out is with a tag line that I include any time I advertise a car or part on e-Bay: "To maximize your enjoyment, be sure to join the Alfa Romeo Owners Club, at Alfa Romeo Owners Club USA | Home. " I would like to encourage others to do the same. This is also an effective way to spread the word about the Bulletin Board and other resources, of course. E-Bay sure gets a lot of traffic--a 1981 Spider I listed had more than 2,500 hits. The more these people get invited to join, the more we all can benefit.
--Brewster
There you go, *thinking* again..

Great idea!

bs

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Thinking again!

Ditto on the 'great idea'.

Guess that's why we pay you directors the "big bucks".

:D

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
How about an add on the BB?

40,000+ impressions a day and going directly to people with a Alfa Romeo interest.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
How about a add on the BB?

40,000+ impressions a day and going directly to people with a Alfa Romeo interest.
Advertising in the right place ALWAYS pays off. Here's a cheap idea:

What about placing an AROC tag-line and link advertisement to sell AROC memberships via auction in the Alfa category on E-Bay Motors? I'll bet that would get a few new memberships going!

I'm not sure how many other chapters do this, but in the Mid-Atlantic Chapter, the club gets free advertising before each meeting or public event via the CAR events section of the local newspaper. It's a public service announcement. To make it easy, just get one member to make sure that each meeting is announced during the week before the meeting. In the Hampton Roads area, that has proven to be a wonderful source of new members.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
At first glance, such advertising seems far and away the biggest bang for the buck that AROC could buy. How about a six month trial period, but at the same time be sure to devise a scheme to monitor results?

I say - advertise on AlfaBB

:)

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
We offer daily reports (impressions & click thrus) from our side and what needs to be done on the other side (AROC) is a custom landing page. Then they can monitor the traffic that lands there and where they go on the AROC site from there.

It would be nice to have some better Alfa Related banners on the site.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks for showing me a way to help. I am going to have a few bits on Ebay tomorrow and will add on your sentence.
regards

1 - 10 of 10 Posts