Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, we were in Arese, in the Museo Storico and the Archives. For a good reason: it was the official start of two projects, first) Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 Stradale, second) Alfa Romeo TZ/TZ2. on the long term we will (hopefully) publish two books, on the short term we want to start what we call «the living books». This means: we want everybody to participate in our work, progress, research, we want to show what we have and how we proceed, we will publish pictures and videos of meetings with collectors, photo-shootings, but also the work on the layout, etc.. The concept behind all that is of course not only marketing for the books but also the implementation of the community; because we all together know much more. Call us stupid, call us brave but we really want to share, being open and transparent - we want to ask questions if we have problems or no clue, we want to give you all the information we can gather. (of course we can be absolutely discrete when needed and asked...).

Ok, we want to start with something we found yesterday - somebody knows something about that special exhibition held during the Geneva Motor Show 1969?

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,419 Posts
You say Tipo T33 Stradale when in your photo it clearly is a T33/2 ...

May I seriously suggest, please give the racing T33 some press/attention. Yes the T33 Stradale is cool and all, but built for racing versions of the T33 maintained Alfa Romeo's vital reputation on the track!

The T33 Stradale must be the most over talked about car on the planet ... please not another book.
Pete

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm, how many books are there about the 33? I know the one of Collins/McDonough, but there is not much about the Stradale. and then there is one Cohn/Russell which is just a copy/paste-thing. are there others?

·
Administrator
15,419 Posts
True, the only one I could find via the internet is: Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 : The Development and Racing History, by Ed McDonough/Peter Collins

Okay point taken :) ... hopefully you will get the photos right in the book :surprise:>:):D;) ... please understand that I am being humourous :)
Pete

·
Registered
493 Posts
Upcoming book project- Copyright Advice

Gentlemen: Welcome to the world of speading the gospel about the rich and wonderful Alfa Romeo Heritage.

As much as I personally want to see your book succeed, I must, as a matter of course, advise you that there are pitfalls to adopting photographs, copyrighted stories or historical accounts without the express written permission of the respective copyright owner. For example a new and richly detailed historical perspective on the life and times of Franco Scaglione and his Stradale project as detailed by his daughter Giovanna is one that she recently disseminated and is made available for personal and non-commercial educational use only consistant with the principles of "fair use". There are other examples, so...as you travel along the publishing path, be sure to check for copyrighted material ownership first ! It gets expensive not to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts