Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The other project this weekend was replacing the ignition switch. My old ignition switch is pretty challenging to turn. I had to work it back and forth, pray, swear, and then give up twice, until it would turn.

Here is my challenge. Does any one know what these two wires are for that come out of the front of the switch. The new switch does not have these wires. I traced them but can’t tell what they are for. I am trying to figure it out from my wiring diagram and searched this forum and not having any luck. Any help is appreciated.

I installed the new switch and just disconnected those two wires? And now I need to know how big of mistake that was. Car started just fine and everything seemed to work. So super curious what they are.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
One last item, I updated my username to Greg752 as Greg's my first name and it was a bit confusing using Eddie. Long story, but the short of it is that name was a bit of homage to my father who I used to work on cars with growing up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Forgot to mention, finally bought the right Allen to fit the differential bolts, so put new fluid in the dif as well. I plan to take a break for a while from major projects. May tinker a bit with the fuel injection and odds and ends, but the plan now is to drive Limoncello for the summer.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts