Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Is this the car you are going to restore to concours condition you mentioned in a previous post??? I really like those rims and the offset on the rear wheels give it a unique look.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thinking about a restoration john .... hate to change the color, but i have one red gtv ( 72 - 1750 ) ... just got the 71 gtv , going too seat on it for a while ..... dont know if this is the right car to do a concours resto. ... anyway it hard to find someone here too do a full restoration ......im thinking about maybe looking / doing a step nose car

·
Registered
109 Posts
resotration

hey cheech! if this is you im having problems with sending and recieving your pics. i haven't forgot about you. harden ervin

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
harden ......i e-mailed you about 5 pictures .....this is the 71 gtv check out in 1962-1974 gtv & giulia ....... post ....72 gtv ... talk to you soon

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
UPDATE ....NOT ORIG. RED CAR .. FROM ELVIRA .....DOCUMENTATION FILES ALFA ROMEO ITALY > 1971 GTV .... USA MANUFACTURED ON JUNE 21 1971 SOLD JUNE 22 1971 TO ALFA ... NEWARK NJ .. COLOR AR 008 ... WHITE

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
If you're not into this one too deep, I'd say sell her and buy a step-nose! The rockers look pretty rusty. Although I've never seen rust in the center of the rocker only. They're ususally rusted at either (or both) ends. I abandoned a '67 GTV step-nose due to too many rust issues. The rust issues can only be worse underneath, as pictured.

Then again the 1750 is supposed to be a sweet engine and harder to come by than 1600's or 1300's, which you'd get in a step-nose.

P.S. I am biased in favor of step-nosed GTV's.

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THANKS JORGEN .... ANY PICTURES ON YOUR GT 1300 ....YOU CAN SEE MORE PICTURES ...CHECK OUT ... POST >>>> 72 GTV .... ON THIS BOARD

·
Registered
959 Posts
I am not sure I understand the telegram style writing - I'm a foreigner, you know! :D but as I just acquired my Junior, and it sits at the workshop for preparation to the MoT, all the pictures I have, are from when I first saw it - here: My Junior

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
REALLY NICE CAR . ANTHONY ....THANKS FOR THAT INFORMATION BUT IF I HAVE THE CAR RESTORED, I WOULD PUT BACK THE ORIG. WHEELS

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
thats good to know. for a minute i was worried you were gona resotre the car and use those wheels. i still have a set for my race car which i check every race. its big enough of a crack to see with the naked eye. fortunately, all of mine have been good, but i have seens lots others cracking. the area i have seen tem crack is the area where the lugs bolt (the whole middle area)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MY 72 GTV HAS THOSE GTA WHEELS AND THE CAR IS LOWER , LOOKS GOOD BUT THE ROADS AROUND HERE ..... SUCK ...... I KINDA LIKE THAT ORIG.LOOK ... WHEELS WITH THE HUB CAPS AND STOCK HIGH ON A GTV ...... MAYBE IF I DO THIS 71 GTV

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SEE YOU GUYS THE GENERAL IS RIGHT AGAIN , I REALLY MUST BE HIGH, BECAUSE ALL MY FRIENDS THINK IM HIGH ON SOMETHING FOR GETTING INTO ALFA'S .......SOMETIMES I REALLY THINK I NEED TO GET HIGH !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts