Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been posting in "spider" forum, and found out that i had to post here too..

Been working on a little project for some time, and finally found this forum. I have a 1985 GTV (original 2,0 carburettor) that i bought from a friend a few months ago. He bought a 2,0 turbo engine from italy 2 years ago, and tried to get it to work, but had no luck and ran out of money. The engine is a 2,0 with standard cylinderhead and standard block. When i bought it he had left the car for the winter without antifreeze so the cylinderhead was cracked into pieces and the cylinders full of water.. Had to rebuild it with new parts, and last week it was finally finished:) When the engine came from italy it had all accecories from 1,8 turbo, but no ECU´s or harness. Bought this from netherlands and started to work on the spagetti. After hours of reading diagrams and hours in the workshop i finally got it started!

Have made a video from first day of testing :

And this is from the second day (today):

Anyone elso done something like this before?

·
Registered
847 Posts
never have, but definitely want to see the progress of this project.

Nice Lancia as well.. People would give their kid up for one of those here in the US.. ok maybe not a kid..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He,he.. I love my Lancia :) But now my girl says i have to sell it.. Another baby on the way (real one..)

There will be an update on this project very often! Going to paint it saturday, so there will of course be another video tomorrow, friday and saturday to show the result.. Also setting up a webpage with manuals and tech+++ Next project starting before christmas is to finish my Maserati Biturbo also :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New video from the paintjob on youtube now..

Also made a website with a lot of pictures for those who are interested..
www.toyshop.no

1 - 4 of 4 Posts