Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
USD $1,250 - $1,500 or make an offer.

1974 Alfa Romeo 2000 Berlina USA (115.00)
Chassis number AR 3002365
The body colour is amaranth red, with natural leather tex interiors.

My Name is Tony and I am listing for Michael Davy (Owner) of this car. Please contact him with any questions (818) 515-Seven Zero 4 Seven. This is one of his project cars that he stripped the paint to do minor bodywork and then re-paint. He says he's ready to let this project go to another Alfa enthusiast as he got involved in other restoration projects (1972 BMW 2002 - Completely restored) and his beloved 1973 MGB GT (stripped down, painted but not completed. (See photos of these cars at the end of this listing.)

Now for this car, (1974 Alfa Romeo 2000 Berlina USA) here are the pictures I have so far -the engine, transmission and all interior trim is intact and in storage unit. I will get photos of those when he returns to California.

My Completed Project (
)

On going Project (1973 MGB GT)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
These Berlinas make great pickups

If you are gifted with the torch and can weld these bare Berlina bodies make great pickups (not many Alfa pickups on the BB eh?) which in Australia they call Utes. Best one use the back door window in place of the back part of the front in a wider door. Not necessary, but works nice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sorry about that! Only the one with the red mounting bar... i will remove the others. Also, front glass is not available, it was broke, but rear and door glasses are intact.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Could you turn it into a pickup?

I know it sounds weird, but you are half there already now that the interior is out. How hard would it be? Best would be to make the front door bigger by using the rear glass in place of the pane behind the front door wing window, and moving the rear roofline forward to complete the cab. You would also have to hang the gas tank and the spare tire well from the bottom to allow fitting a solid pan on the pickup bed. Part of top of trunk would have to be grafted to make a tailgate. Could you do that and for how much? I can do the mechanical work later. I do know what is the right transmission etc. Jay in Seattle.

·
Super Moderator
10,633 Posts
Sorry about that! Only the one with the red mounting bar...
If by "Only the one with the red mounting bar" you mean the one pictured below, then I have to agree with Andrew: it just isn't an Alfa transmission, or at least not one for a '74 Berlina.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Did this sell?

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Doh! new pictures and information.

Does the car have a clear title?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yes, this car has a clear title. No it did not sell. Trying to make sure all the photos are correct. Sorry for the mixup on the transmission photos. Here is two photos that he sent today.

And I should be receiving at least one more photo by tomorrow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the delay in responding to you Two Liter Lover - the owner is looking to move on to other projects. That is however, a very unique solution!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Aren't you the body man?

Dear Mr. "only positive". What is interesting to me is the "headstart" done already in disassembly of that Berlina. It made no difference to me if some parts were missing. I have enough extra transmissions or engines or whatever -- in fact a whole 1974 Berlina crumbling into rust residue beside my garage that my son used for off-road racing twenty or so years ago. But for me to turn that into the pickup I want would require me to take everything out and start cutting and welding. So, what I wanted to know is if you might have the ability to do the cutting and finishing on the shell? If that were possible and we could discuss price, I would be interested. Jay in Seattle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Twoliterlover...if you talk to Michael Davy (Owner) of this car directly, both of you may come to an agreement. He is a very reasonable and understanding person which is we work so well together. Please call him anytime (818) 515-Seven Zero 4 Seven.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quick Update: This project car is now sold! I want to thank everyone who helped me sort out the correct information and photos. I really appreciate it.

Tony Davis

1 - 14 of 14 Posts