Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, when i embarked on this project i wasn't expecting things to get this complicated but never mind!:eek:
i thought i'd start this thread instead of harrassing people dirrectly, i appreciate time is money, and i don't want to inconveniance anyone so people can post their views etc at own leisure....

My car is a std (apart from 15x7j compmotive mo wheels) 1989 3ltr 12v veloce (r/h drive) minus engine! (as it gave up 4 weeks ago)
My goals with this car is to make it a good reliable fast road car, to look good, remain practicle and able to do the odd shop run (i have a baby on the way in 5 months!)
With regards to suspension, i plan to lower it around 30mm, use koni yellow shocks, fix the bushs up with nylon items and have an oversized rsr antiroll bar up front.

As the std brakes are far from ideal, i plan to use grooved front and rear discs, std calipers at the rear but with 4 piston brembo items up front (mounted on adapters)

Thanks to my wife, the interior is being retrimed (front seats are recaros) inc door cards and headliner but no plans for a roll cage as yet but could be persuaded:rolleyes: but no side bars (request from wife)

I have been told to use a t spark gearbox (2ltr lsd) as it has lower ratios but iam still scepticle of the idea... Either way (i have both gearbox types) i need to have a rebuilt gearbox as the original is very heavy to shift despite have a sloppy feel on the stick (ive tried various solutions to improve it whilst it was up and running with no success)

My propshaft is knackered.... but i plan to have a "one off" made as original parts are getting hard to source and i suspect due to the power of the new engine and my driving style ill keep breaking the std item!

Now down to the engine.... hmmm..... its a 93/94 164 24v auto lump, with only 46k miles on it!! i was planning to run it as std with its original motronic eng managment system.
Now the messy bit, something i wasn't expecting.... ive since realised after being advised, the engine has got to be pulled down to have balancing work done:( so iam going to gas flow the heads whilst its apart:D
i really want to run a stand alone ecu (the door opens to increased power and intake options that way) but i can't find a cheap option (budget of only £3k to do whole car:()

any suggestions ideas (inc anymore possible hurdles) etc greatly appreciated

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you want a budget fast road car, buy something japanese.

lenus.
my friend has a nissan 300zx, which is 3 years newer than my 75... it has more rust, worth less money (once my 75 is finished) and has no character whatsoever:(
japanese? and be like everyone else in their soul less cars where i live? just another evo or scoobie? or civic? NO CHANCE!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
to start with, thanks everybody for your input, ideas etc
i wasn't going to have the engine re balanced until i took my flywheel to my machine shop to be lightened..... where he told me that id mess up the balance factor because of the miss matched flywheel/front pulley combo...
i wish to use the original 164 front pulley (it has the all important timing wheel attached) which is different to the 12v milano pulley.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.