Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I once had a website depicting my progress on this project that I worked on for 5 years but since I haven't got the time right now to get the site updated and back up I figured I'd at least post a few teaser photos here. This is my '72 Spider that I've owned for 23 years. I did a pretty complete restoration on it that included new floorpans, upholstery, complete rebuild of engine, transmission, brakes, suspension and well... just about everything.

I'm still sorting out a few issues, still need to get new tires, etc but I've got about 800 miles on it now and I'm real happy with the results.

Anyway, here are the pictures, judge for yourself.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Congrats on a beautiful restoration! I used to have '71 1750 back in the late 70's in white also.

I noticed the underhood insulation. Did you fabricate that yourself? How is it fastened and does it make a noticable difference in muffling extraneous engine noise? I'm thinking of doing the same to my '74.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,378 Posts
Very nice Spider Paul!

Joe

·
Administrator
12,197 Posts
Very tidy :). Love to see some before picks, but the end result is a credit to you ...

Pete

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
She looks like she just rolled off the showroom floor. Nice addition with those wheels. Great looking Spider.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks for all the compliments. One of these days I'll get my website back up.

Here are a couple more "artistic engine" pictures from earlier in the project.

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
I appreciate the sparce verbeage, however, no alfa has an antenna hole, unless it's rust, next to the hardtop chrome strip securer thingy, if you know what I mean?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts