Alfa Romeo Forums banner

121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Check your bulb contacts and dash grounds if you haven't done so. I've never had an issue with the brightness of the low fuel warning light. The headlight indicator is another story...
Thanks Ken, they’re fine, I think it’s just a low watt affair in a very small window....

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Provided a possible alternative for your sentence :). This may not be the seals fault.

Has the bottom of your door been repaired, or sill/rocker panel been replaced (if installed too high you will have your problem, but hopefully a door repair issue as easier to fix)? This thread may hopefully help you: GT/GTV door seal, fit issues
Pete
Thanks Pete, not as far as I know/can tell, but I did think the same thing—maybe a sill/rocker repair? It really doesn’t look like it‘S been opened/repaired.

·
Administrator
12,915 Posts
Thanks Pete, not as far as I know/can tell, but I did think the same thing—maybe a sill/rocker repair? It really doesn’t look like it‘S been opened/repaired.
Good to know this area looks good on your car. **** nuisance for you, and so many others :(

Pete

Reactions: jthames

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Good to know this area looks good on your car. **** nuisance for you, and so many others :(

Pete
So frustrating. And thanks for the link to the great post.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Well wonders never cease—I recently ordered a 3rd p/s door seal, this time straight from Cincognani, not Classic or Alfaholics. This one was much softer. The bulb was larger, so I thought it wasn’t going to fit, but it worked fine. Still not as easy to shut as my d/s door, takes a firm slam, but 100% better! I’ll adjust the striker tomorrow and see if that makes it even easier. All seals are not created equal.

·
Administrator
12,915 Posts
Interesting!

Pete

Reactions: jthames

·
Administrator
12,915 Posts
Very straight! Looks like you have the genuine handbrake accessory too ;)

Pete

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
@PSk No those are reproductions of the genuine accessory, the original ones are only for Concours events LOL. But serious;y, better safe than sorry with the chocks. The E brake works fine, but it is of unknown age, so easier not to worry about it at all!
Pics were b/c I hadn’t washed the thing in quite a while, and was just admiring it.

Last week I got my upgraded Wes Ingram SPICA pump and injectors installed, along with a new water pump. Wes made this pump to go with my bigger cams, and according to him I ought to have +15 HP. Man HP is EXPENSIVE. The set up with my 123 Bluetooth distributor is really sweet. I actually was able to bark the tires shifting into second gear! that had to be a fluke, but it was still really cool.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
MT plates? I thought you registered the car in CA (per your recent BaT post).
Hi Ken, Sorry for the confusion, but no need to get into too much extraneous detail on BaT. I tried 3 different AAAs (Walnut Creek, Berkeley and Marin) before I gave up on CA and went MT. I thereafter found the sticker guy, so now it’d be fine in CA. That’s just one more thing I need to straighten out at some point. But I love my MT plate lol, you’d never be able to get that in CA. I Don’t know if you can see it in the pic, but I even went on eBay and got an old surround from a MT dealer — just too much dorky fun.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Been a while, but Alfa work kept happening. In addition to the SPICA pump and injectors back in March, I got a new water pump put in. Then I started working with Jim Cestarollo in Novato (“Alfaman”) in Novato—what a resource. First we strengthened the steering box attachment area, and then as the final solution to the car’s running warm, and finding the rad was hot at the top but room temp at the bottom, we put in a newly-rebuilt OEM radiator. I’d have thought to guy who did my water pump would have notice, but....THAT’s why I went to Jim.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Jim also did a little tweaking on my p/s door and between that and the “3rd time’s a charm“ Cincognani door seal, I am thrilled to announce that the p/s door is 90% as good at the 99% perfect d/s door.

And man is it pretty—this is what Faggio looks like in the sun, a brownish purple color, really interesting, Finally done but for some suspension work which, alas, I am not going to get to enjoy b/c she’s going up on BaT in a few weeks. 300+ photos and 7 videos. Keep an eye out, and please comment if you feel so inspired.

If anybody local wants to see the car, just let me know. All is well, it’s just that I got remarried about a year ago and my and my wife’s shared interests are in a different direction. It’s been great dialing this GTV in, and somebody’s going to get a real steal. Thanks to everyone for their help, advice and sympathy, especially with door adjustments!

·
Registered
170 Posts
What a fantastic looking GTV!! Best color combo. I am on BAT all the time. Top notch GTV’s generate a lot of $. Are you going to replace the door panels first? From you interior shot above, they don’t look as good has the rest of the car. I am sure this GTV will be one of them, that sells for all the money.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Too bad I won’t see you out there on the Bay Area back roads. Seem like you’ve spent more time sorting out the car since you bought it on BaT than actually driving it. Hope you get back what you put into it, in what seems to be a softer market than the one you entered a few years ago. Good luck!

·
Registered
782 Posts
alas, I am not going to get to enjoy b/c she’s going up on BaT in a few weeks. 300+ photos and 7 videos. Keep an eye out, and please comment if you feel so inspired.
Aww man, that is such a bummer after all the TLC you've put into this car :cry:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #138 (Edited)
What a fantastic looking GTV!! Best color combo. I am on BAT all the time. Top notch GTV’s generate a lot of $. Are you going to replace the door panels first? From you interior shot above, they don’t look as good has the rest of the car. I am sure this GTV will be one of them, that sells for all the money.
Thanks Ron, I had not thought about doing the door panels,. the vinyl is a non-standard color, so there’s matching, and not even sure if I can get somebody to do upholstery W/ COVID here. Also, they look great but for the speaker holes, so I thought I’d leave it as is in case somebody wants to put in a period Becker or something. And it’s really a great car, EVERYTHING works like a charm as everybody on here knows.
But full disclosure, it has a few paint flaws (like the circle at 3 o’clock), stuff you cant even see unless you’re looking for it, and it needs control arms and the sway bars rebuilt to be perfect. But I’ve done all the heavy lifting and unlike some “restorations” (and this wasn’t meant to be one) The lucky buyer will know what s/he’s getting.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Too bad I won’t see you out there on the Bay Area back roads. Seem like you’ve spent more time sorting out the car since you bought it on BaT than actually driving it. Hope you get back what you put into it, in what seems to be a softer market than the one you entered a few years ago. Good luck!
Thanks Ken, I really appreciate it. And you’re right, but there’s SO MUCH satisfaction in sorting. We ought to get together to see each other’s cars before it goes up. You’re in Benicia? PM me!

121 - 140 of 143 Posts