Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Push hard and live
8,997 Posts
The switch shown by Danny is not correct for a 10204.

Neil, would you post a pic of what you bought?

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Mystery Solved

By way of explanation: my car is being restored in Burbank, which was proximate to my residence and work until I retired and moved to Northern California full time in July. I am now 500 miles and a 7 hour drive away. I used to visit the project twice weekly, now its been once every two or three months. I get calls that parts are needed and try and meet the requests.

I created the switch problem, I think, because years back when this project started I gave my mechanics a bunch of new Alfa parts I had, which included an extra new turn switch for the 63 Giulia Spider which I restored myself. I had an extra because I bought one and it disappeared into the same vortex which took Don's plane keys only to reappear when the car was done. In the meantime I bought another, hence an extra.

Anyway, I surmise that it was assumed that was a switch for the 102 and given that assumption it was perfectly logical to further assume that a part was missing from the car, because a Giulia switch does not bolt on to the steering column.

So - having been educated by you all, I ordered a switch from Classic Alfa which looks from their picture like it will bolt right on.

Thanks again.

·
Push hard and live
8,997 Posts
I still haven't found my plane keys.

·
Push hard and live
8,997 Posts
I may have mentioned this previously, but it was common during inspections of aerobatic aircraft to find loose crap in the tail of the plane. When you're pointed straight up, that's where it all ends up. I once found my checkbook back there.

My old friend Chuck Alley (RIP) once got a call from his aircraft mechanic asking if he knew anyone missing a set of upper dentures....

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
What a great resource! Thank you.

I did purchase one from Classic Alfa - I love them - it arrived in California quicker than many stateside vendors standard shipping.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Still working on it...almost done

The seats had to be reconstructed from rusty metal. When they are done - it's done!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
and the interior is done

"Might" have it at Best of France and Italy show in November. Of necessity, the car is an abnormale in many ways, a few of which are visible in the below picture. Kind of a "where's waldo" exercise.

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
8,997 Posts
"Might" have it at Best of France and Italy show in November. Of necessity, the car is an abnormale in many ways, a few of which are visible in the below picture. Kind of a "where's waldo" exercise.
Where and when is "Best of France and Italy" show?

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
The Best of France and Italy - November 03, 2019

Sunday, November 03, 2019 - 9am to 4pm

Entry Info | Gallery: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007

Come join us at Woodley Park, Van Nuys for a day with the best of French and Italian motoring machinery. This a non-judged show, from the rough restoration project to the serious concours offering. All are welcome, and our pricing structure is geared toward the collector with more than one vehicle.

If you don't have a car, plenty will be for sale amongst the rows of gleaming machinery. The intent of this gathering is to provide a meeting place for those marques that get little attention at the fancier concours. If you're looking to unload the garage or for that special part, check out our swap meet.

The registration fee is the same for both cars and swap meet spaces. A parking area is provided for trailers and tow vehicles. Food will be available or bring a picnic (no alcohol please). GATES OPEN AT 8:00 AM FOR PARTICIPANTS

We are sure it will be day you don't want to miss. ADMISSION IS FREE FOR SPECTATORS. Click here for a map and directions.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts