Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Push hard and live
8,909 Posts
Don - I am in Magalia full time.
Oh. Is the hoist with you or still down south? I’d need to look at it to see if it would help or hinder my workspace.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The two post hoist is here in Magalia. If you fly into the cute little Paradise airport, I can pick you up for a look-see. The shop is maybe 15 minutes up the hill.

·
Push hard and live
8,909 Posts
Neil,

A fellow here in Reno is possibly organizing to buy some stuff from Ruedi up north. He has what MAY be a NOS 102 rear muffler/tailpipe assembly. Not sure of price. They're about $150 from Classic Alfa. Do you have any interest at a favorable price? Wouldn't hurt to toss a reasonable offer if you're going to want one anyway.

And yes, I just might fly over there Sunday if the weather cooperates.

I don't have your phone number in my phone. If you'll PM/Email that would help.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
PM sent. Also phone number is encoded in post 39 above.

·
Push hard and live
8,909 Posts
New hood latch for 59

Here's a couple of pics of the new hood latch. Certainly no uglier than the originals, which appear crafted by hunter gatherers with flint tools.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Fantastic job.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Down to the "last thing?"

Well at least until I hit another wall.

Need to find or fabricate the round plate with three holes that the turn signal switch attaches to. I have a re pro turn signal switch (what a pricey bugger). If any one has that part of their car apart and can send some pictures of the plate that would be super. A actual plate would be fantastic but probably not to be found.

Next steps are to finish up the exhaust and tackle the interior.

Hope to be done by summer.

Thanks!

·
Push hard and live
8,909 Posts
Neil,

Are you talking about the plate that is part of the steering shaft and binnacle assembly? I just yesterday covered up the one in my project with the steering wheel, but I happen to have an extra steering shaft with binnacle, etc.

Given that I've ultimately needed every part I let go (like some front turn/fog assemblies), I hesitate to let my steering shaft assembly go. Not because I'll need it to repair a car, but given the track record so far, the one in my car will be impaled through my heart if I don't have a spare.

But.... I've been known to relent.

Lemme go look at what I've got and what condition it's in. And what it will take to remove it.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I am sure I can find a unique and appropriate incentive....

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
you can see where the switch goes

Here is a photo of the dash in progress and the shaft with the missing plate. . When I got the car it had no dash at all, just a hole. Sorry about the picture being sideways. I tried to edit to fix without success.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Well at least until I hit another wall.

Need to find or fabricate the round plate with three holes that the turn signal switch attaches to. I have a re pro turn signal switch (what a pricey bugger). If any one has that part of their car apart and can send some pictures of the plate that would be super. A actual plate would be fantastic but probably not to be found.

Next steps are to finish up the exhaust and tackle the interior.

Hope to be done by summer.

Thanks!

Neil,

Any pic maybe ?

Is it a the plastics plate ?

I have a complete one.

+ 1 more spare brass end cylinder.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
A better picture?

Here is where the mystery plate goes. I have never seen one

Attachments

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
I have a hunch that the plate Neil is referring to is a component of the direction indicator switch (as Danny Wilde pointed out).

The pictures below show what the steering column looks like (in a 2600 Spider -- which is the same as 102 Spider) with the direction indicator switch installed, and a picture of the backside of the switch when it is removed (and the typical cracks in the lever plate that render many of these switches useless).

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
OK.

Will try to send me pics of what I have tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Yes that is what I need. Anyone local have one I can borrow to copy? Dosent look too hard.

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
Yes that is what I need. Anyone local have one I can borrow to copy? Dosent look too hard.
The switch is a single unit, riveted together. No chance of copying it without great effort. Get e new one (e.g. here or here).

·
Registered
199 Posts
The ones sold by OKP are for the Sprint as the stalk is straight, the spider has a degree of bend at the base of the stalk. I'm not sure if you could bend it without it breaking or risk damaging the plastic plate.

·
Push hard and live
8,909 Posts
Yeah. Neil, if you have the correct switch, it should just mate up to the end of your column surround, after sliding over the three 4mm studs.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Here's what I have left :

Attachments

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
The other side, with an additional NOS end w/ brass trim :

Attachments

41 - 60 of 72 Posts