Discussion Starter #22
Yes! PM sent.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hood Latches

Don,

I think I now have the window situation resolved thanks to amazing help.

Are these photos what you need to see for the hood latch? I am up in Magalia and corresponding with my mechanics in LA so I am not always 100% sure that there is a good connection between question and answer.

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
8,982 Posts

·
Push hard and live
8,982 Posts
Don,

I think I now have the window situation resolved thanks to amazing help.

Are these photos what you need to see for the hood latch? I am up in Magalia and corresponding with my mechanics in LA so I am not always 100% sure that there is a good connection between question and answer.
Neil

Your pictures are correct for 59, and is the latch I can fabricate.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Woo-hoo. Another step closer!

Please advise how to proceed.

Feel free to pm or email (if you still have it)

Thanks

Neil

·
Push hard and live
8,982 Posts
Ill sort it out in a week or three. I have all the parts. I just have to assemble them. Stand by, but occasional nags are ok.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
This is really odd. I had a reply from Don which I could read on my phone. When I went to the BB on the computer it shows the last reply as by Don, but it isn't there.
Neil, I think your computer screen just needed to be refreshed. Either go to a different forum and come back to this one or find the refresh 'button' and click on it. On my laptop it is a 'circular arrow' near the upper left corner. Often, I'll leave the computer and come back later to reply with pictures to something that I had been reading. When I hit send, it all goes away and I get a frustrating message that I need to refresh my screen....I try to copy messages before I click on 'submit reply' but I don't always remember.

Mark

·
Push hard and live
8,982 Posts
Hinge options

Neil,

The hinge that was on my car originally had what appears to be a mod. It is the screw-type cable securing thingie welded to the hinge lever. I have a hunch that the original did not have this, and used a cable with a crimped-on ferrule on the end that simply rested in the slotted hole on the lever. If the cable was then pulled up securely at the pull-handle end, it would stay in place. It's not hard to imagine an owner discovering for the 30th time that the ferrule had slipped out of the notched hole, leaving him to use a long screw driver to open his hood.

So.... Which way would you like yours done? With or without the screw-in cable securing thingie, or the plain notched lever?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I will check with my restorers and advise today. Thanks!

·
Push hard and live
8,982 Posts
I just noticed that the latch you pictured on the red background also has the wire-grip with screw. Maybe it wasn’t an owner mod after all.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
so I guess wire grip with screw is what it should be. Thanks

ps - want a lift for your shop....see my post in classifieds...

·
Push hard and live
8,982 Posts
so I guess wire grip with screw is what it should be. Thanks

ps - want a lift for your shop....see my post in classifieds...
I saw your listing, and am tempted. Thinking on it. Problem is fixing it to the floor changes my shop from two car to one.

When are you headed north?

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Don - I am in Magalia full time.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Cast Iron 2000 (aka Bob??) in post 21 put up pictures of the brackets I need and offered them.

My attempts at contact via PM have failed. Probably something I am doing wrong.

Bob - if you are out there, I really do need those. My Cell is Two 1 three 200 nine six 5 seven.

If anyone else has one (or more) please let me know.

Thanks!

Neil

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
I've seen a lovely Buick V8 (call it a Rover) with 4 sidedraft Webers, Mallory distributor and lovely coated headers in an undisclosed location that would be a great fit for this Touring...hmmmmm.

Saw your V6 "GT" at Concorso. Sounded great ;)

21 - 40 of 72 Posts